Disengaged

Chapter 9 - Disengaged

Winter frowned as she walked around the corner and saw Marilyn arguing with the head of security. ‘Well,’ she thought as she continued towards them. ‘This should be interesting…’

“I can’t believe you waited until now to tell me this! He’d had a knife! What if he’d gotten close to her?!” Marilyn was practically screaming at the tour security manager, but that escaped Winter; Marilyn’s words sinking slowly into her mind and making her stop dead in her tracks as they both turned to look at her. “Winter?” Marilyn frowned as he saw her stop, then rushed forward as she paled rapidly. “Oh, God, no…baby, it’s alright…he’s gone, they got rid of him…he won’t get near you, I promise!”

“You’ve promised me that before.” Winter replied blankly, clearly in shock.

“I know, sweetheart,” Marilyn replied gently as he glared over her shoulder at the head of security. “I know…”

***

The guys from both bands wanted to go out on the town for dinner…and a little fun, but Winter had wanted to stay behind. Happy for an excuse to remain behind for once, Marilyn agreed to stay with her; the others thinking it was a good idea not to leave her alone.

Not wanting total silence on the bus, Marilyn decided to put a movie on, Winter agreeing with him finally on nightmare on Elm Street. Marilyn felt an ache in his chest at the silence between them, wishing she’d talk to him…but she’d been almost catatonic since she’d overheard his screaming match with Security. And then…she finally spoke.

“You shouldn’t have to worry about me…” Winter stated bluntly, her voice dead.

“What do you mean by that?!” Marilyn demanded, taken aback. “Nothing for four days and then you come out with that?!” Marilyn smiled ever so slightly as he gently hugged her to him. “Of course I have to worry about you, sweetheart.”

“You shouldn’t though…I mean… you have your life…your tour-” Winter’s voice began to shake, so Marilyn cut her off.

“Oh, shush you silly girl!” Marilyn silenced her with a kiss, whispering against her lips. “I love you, Winter…of course I’m going to worry… and promise to do everything within my power to protect you.”

Marilyn opened his eyes as Winter pulled back slightly, smirking at her shy smile. “You love me?”

“I love you.” Marilyn repeated, kissing her again passionately. “I love you.

“I…” Marilyn’s breath caught in his chest as Winter spoke softly. “I love you too…”

Marilyn’s happy smile turned wicked and he, finally, crashed his lips to hers; smiling slightly into the kiss as she moaned into his mouth and pulled him against her more.

Marilyn nipped at Winter’s lower lip and she whimpered, parting her lips to grant him entrance and he delighted at the soft gasp she let out as his tongue met hers. They made out mercilessly, discarding items of clothing like they were on fire in their desperation to touch each other as Marilyn pressed her back into the bus couch. Smiling slightly, Marilyn pulled back from the kiss. “Lay back sweetheart…”

Marilyn bit his lip as Winter lay back on the couch, staring in awe at her and her beauty. Everything from her lush lips to her plump breasts to the curve of her hips and the way her legs opened shyly as he knelt between them. Slowly, Marilyn lifted one of her legs over his shoulder, kissing and nipping along her inner thigh and relishing the small gasps of pleasure she let out.