Lydia x Reader

"Now that you're Thane of Whiterun, you now have a housecarl. Your housecarl is Lydia." Said the Jarl. I smiled.

"Thank you, my lord." I bowed. He smiled. I walked down to my house, Breezehome, and walked in. I inhaled the sweet scent of it, feeling at home.

"Hello, I am Lydia, your Housecarl. At your service, thane." I saw a female with dark hair and wearing armor. She's kinda cute...

"Oh, hello! I am y/n, thane of Whiterun, but you already knew this I bet." I said. She nodded.

"Oh uh, Lydia, what does a 'housecarl' do?" I asked her, whose face went from neutral from shocked.

"You must be new as thane, right?" she asked and cleared her voice. "A housecarl protects their thane with honor. I am your shield. I will risk my life to save yours." I blushed.

"Oh...is that what you do??" I said in awe.

"Yep!" 

"Cool! So, you can also be my follower?" I asked, playing with my Amulet of Mara. She nodded.

"That too."

"Then follow me..." I mumbled with a blush. 

"Lead on."

~~~

I made it to Riverwood with Lydia following not far behind. I was told by the Riverwood Trader dude that he lost something called a Golden Claw, which is literally what the name is. A Golden Claw. Lydia and I entered the Trader and saw the owner hung over on his desk with a sorrowful look.

"Hey, guess what I found?~" I held the Claw behind my back. 

"It couldn't possibly be the Claw...could it?" he asked me. I giggled and gave him the Claw.

"Surprise!" I yelled. Lydia smiled at my happiness. 

"Oh my... you actually...." The owner couldn't speak. I blushed and saw Lydia staring at me. I grabbed her hand and ran out, on the path, going no where.

"Where are we going, Thane?" Lydia asked me, panting from running with me.

"Please, just call me Y/n! That Thane stuff is too... formal. And we're friends, right?" I grinned and she nodded with a smile.

"And also, I have no idea where we're going!" I jumped in a lake and swam out and ran to a cave. But, that sweet time had to end because Author-chan has no ideas right now and- oops...broke the fourth wall....w o o p s . . . . a loud 'RRRRRRAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGRRRRHHHHHH' was heard. I saw a troll running towards me at full speed, clawed hands out. before I could dodge, it clawed my face and neck, knocking me down. I couldn't stand up. I saw the blood seeping from me, pooling around me. Lydia growled and, as if it's this easy, killed the troll with one stab to the chest. I coughed as blood trickled out of my mouth.

"L-Lydia..you told me...that you would risk your life for mine..." I mumbled, Lydia picked me up and set me on the ground, near the water. 

"I did say that, and guess what? I didn't lie, because I'm not dead, you're not going to die on me. Got that?" She said as she grabbed a cloth and dumped it in the water, then brought it to my face and neck.

"O-Ow... can you put anymore pressure on my wounds?!" I snapped. She giggled.

"Sorry, Y/n..." 

"Hey, Lydia..." I blushed.

"Yeah?"

"If I do die...I just want you to know that I love you..." I mumbled and looked away from her eyes.

"One, you're not going to die, Drama queen, two, I love you too." She smiled.

"No, I mean..." She pecked my cheek.

"I know what you mean." She said, her voice going down a bit. My face burned.

"So um...We're official then?" I asked. She held onto my Amulet of Mara and yanked it off me and threw it in the water.

"Yeah. After you're healed, let's get married." I grinned.

"Yeah, alright. Sounds good." I replied and looked at the ground with a smile.

Holy cow...I am not sure what gender this is for....male? Female? both? I think male? But it was kinda cringy yet cute.... sorry about that. ^w^

654 words. 

My friend, once again, chose the theme for this~ 'first meetings'. Sorry that it's kinda cringy and...WHAT GENDER IS THIS FOR.......It's supposed to be x male!reader...so idk......?