SIXTEEN: Three Months

Three months. That's how long Maisie was unconscious in the hospital. They had managed to get her the new organs that she needed when Dora and Dan worked together to grow them. The look on the doctor's face when he saw them bring in a large cooler full of organs was absolutely priceless. Anne, Dan, Eddie, and Dora had to constantly assure him that they hadn't murdered anyone, and that they grew the organs themselves.

Though murdering someone would've been a lot more tasty...

"Ya know, this hospital has a perfectly good fireplace that looks great enough to throw you in," Eddie mumbled. "...Parasite," he added, just for good measure.

I could eat you from the inside out, ya know..

"That's exactly what I mean by parasite!" Eddie shouted, startling the doctor but triggering no response from Dan, Anne, and Dora.

"Sir, are you alright?" The young doctor asked.

"He has a parasite," Anne, Dan, Dora, and Eddie replied at the same time, as if this was nothing new, which it wasn't.

Shut up, you guys! Eddie, tell them to stop calling me that!

"Nope. You'll have to tell them yourself. I'm not your messenger," Eddie remarked with a slight, mischievous smile.

I can't unless I take over! They can't hear me when I'm in your head!

"That's not my problem," Eddie responded, now practically grinning.

Go to hell!

"Ladies first," Eddie retorted.

Over those three months, the group had grown much closer. Anne and Dan talked to Eddie more often, and Dora Skirth managed to worm her way into their little group of friends. Dora and Dan mostly talked about medical and science-y stuff while Anne and Eddie listened. One night, Dora even invited Anne, Dan, and Eddie to her house for dinner that night, to mark three months of being friends...she was just really happy to actually have friends. Anne and Dan couldn't make it, due to something happening at work. That left just Dora and Eddie. This meant that Eddie was the first to meet Dora's children, Alexander and Amelia. The kids were about eight and nine years old, the brother being the older of the two.

"Mommy, who is this?" Alexander asked. He had shoulder length brown hair and green eyes, along with slightly tan skin.

"This is Eddie Brock. We're friends," Dora explained with a smile, kneeling in front of her son. "Why don't you go play with your sister while Eddie and I make dinner, okay?" Alexander nodded.

"Come on, bubba!" Amelia exclaimed, pulling on her brother's wrist. She had short black hair that barely fit in her ponytail, and bangs covering her forehead. She was slightly darker than her brother, and she had dark brown eyes with slight hints of dark green. The two kids ran outside and began playing in the backyard.

"So, do you have any idea how to make spaghetti?" Dora asked. Eddie nodded.

"Of course," he replied.

Liar.

"Nobody asked you," Eddie mumbled.

Well, someone asked you, and you lied. So I'm not the bad guy here.

"No one ever admits to being the bad guy," Eddie responded.

That's because you're the bad guy.

"What's he saying now?" Dora asked with a slight smile.

"He's just trying to act smarter than he actually is. I'm scared his poor brain is gonna explode with all the bull crap that's lodged in there," Eddie remarked with a grin.

Shut up

"Look who's talking," Eddie retorted.

"Good to know," Dora responded with a chuckle while mixing the noodles. Eddie started stirring sauce.

Soon, dinner was ready and Dora called her kids to come inside and eat. They both raced and tripped each other all the way into the house.

"I win!" Amelia exclaimed, grinning and pumping her fists into the air. She was missing her two front teeth, and her and her brother were practically covered in mud. Dora smiled slightly.

"Go wash your hands," Dora stated. Both kids nodded and raced up the stairs to see who would get to the bathroom first.

"Your kids seem nice," Eddie complimented. Dora nodded.

"Thank you. The babysitters complain that they're too hyper," Dora explained. "I have yet to find a babysitter that can keep up with them."

Eddie...

"What?" Eddie asked.

...Let's do it!

"Do what?" Eddie questioned, rolling his eyes.

Take care of the little children. Weren't you listening, Eddie?

"Yeah, I was. But, I thought you were talking about eating someone," Eddie explained.

I would never!

"Wow. Are you sure you don't need to go to the bathroom, 'cause you're full of crap," Eddie remarked. Dora chuckled.

"We're done, mom!" Alexander called as he and his sister came barreling down the stairs. They sat down at the table and waited.

"Go get your food. I'm not your waitress," Dora stated with a slight smile. Alexander and Amelia both ran to the cabinet full of plates and grabbed one before making themselves a plate of spaghetti.

After dinner, Eddie went back to his apartment and got ready for bed. However, just as he went to lay down to sleep, he got a call.