A/N: Another Story?! W H A T?!

Edward and Alphonse heard about a circus in their city that raised the dead as one of their acts. Desperate to get their bodies back, the brothers went to check out the circus, despite their hatred for them.

"Maybe I could take you. I love the circus," Lieutenant Colonel Hughes offered with a grin.

"Thanks," Edward agreed with a nod.

It didn't take long for the trio to arrive at the park where the circus was taking place. There were three smaller tents, and one huge tent where the main show took place. The show that Edward and Alphonse were determined to sit through.

"I can't believe that our only hope could be in one of the places that we don't like," Alphonse stated. Edward nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. It's funny how life works sometimes, I suppose," Edward replied.

"I'm gonna go buy some peanuts! You kids have fun!" Hughes informed Edward and Alphonse as he walked away with an excited grin.

"Maybe we can talk to the head of productions here," Alphonse asked. "He might let us borrow the Philosopher's Stone for a bit."

"I wouldn't count on it. These people love their show more than anything. I don't think they'd just give up their main attraction so easily," Edward responded. "It would take a lot of convincing, that's for sure."

Finally, it was time for everyone to go into the large tent to watch the main act. It was very loud and crowded, both things that Edward and Alphonse weren't a fan of.

It didn't take long for Edward to become bored with the show. At least until someone in the background started setting off fireworks by breathing fire into the sky. Edward suddenly became more interested in the entire show. Mostly because the guy was actually breathing fire. He also had bright pink spiky hair that was pretty distracting. Not many other people seemed to have a problem with it, though.

"I didn't know you liked the circus, Ed," Hughes admitted. Edward directed his attention toward the person who was speaking to him.

"Uh...yeah, I guess," Edward responded. Hughes grinned.

"That's great!" He responded. "I really like the people swinging up there! If I was comfortable with heights, I'd probably want to do that." Hughes chuckled as he pointed to the two women swinging above the crowd.

"I see them," Edward replied.

"Well?! Are you gonna say your favorite part?!" Hughes questioned, looking back and forth between Edward and Alphonse, who was completely mesmerized by all of the colorful lights and outfits and people. Edward looked back at the fire breathing person.

"That's pretty interesting. I mean, how can a person breathe fire like that? How would that work? Even if he was using alchemy, the fire would still burn him up from the inside. The fact that he's actually alive and still able to breathe fire is actually intriguing," Edward admitted. Hughes looked at the pink haired boy that Edward was pointing out.

"Huh. I honestly didn't even notice him," Hughes said. Alphonse nodded slightly.

"I did. I was actually thinking something similar," Alphonse replied.

"I can introduce ya to him if ya want," someone said. Edward, Alphonse, and Hughes looked up to see a blue cat with wings flying above them with a huge grin. "You'll have to wait a while, though."

"That won't be necessary. We won't be here much longer," Edward declined. Then, he realized something. What if that boy was using a Philosopher's Stone to breathe fire like that?! "Actually, I do want to meet him," Edward decided aloud with a grin. The cat nodded.

"I'll talk to him!" The cat said happily before flying away. The cat seemed to talk to the pink haired boy for a minute before pointing at Edward and Alphonse. The boy grinned and waved at them. Hughes grinned and waved back. Alphonse chuckled and Edward sunk into his seat and looked away, slightly embarrassed. The people that were staring at him weren't exactly making things better, either.

It was a waste of time. The resurrection wasn't real. The person had already been alive. Edward and Alphonse sincerely hoped that the pink haired boy had a Philosopher's Stone so that the trip wasn't a complete waste of time.

Happy, the flying blue cat, led them to the tent where the performers were talking. All except the pink haired boy, who was sleeping on a wooden bench and clutching his scaly scarf. Happy kicked the boy in the face.

"Wake up, Natsu!" Happy screamed. Natsu? I've heard that name before...where have I heard that name before? Edward wondered. Natsu sat up quickly and glared at Happy.

"What's the big idea, Happy?!" Natsu shouted.

"Sorry, but these guys wanna talk to ya, remember?" Happy asked. Natsu looked at Edward, Alphonse, and Hughes. Natsu smiled slightly and stood up before extending a hand to Edward.

"I'm Natsu Dragneel!" Natsu introduced himself.

"I'm Edward. Edward Elric, and this is my little brother, Alphonse," Edward responded, shaking Natsu's hand. Natsu's mouth dropped.

"That's some awesome armor! And you have a metal arm?! That's so cool! I bet ya can punch through lava with that!" Natsu exclaimed.

"I don't think that's how it works..." Alphonse replied. "Thanks for the compliments, though." Natsu nodded.

"No problem," he responded. "So, what'd ya wanna talk about?"

"Do you know what the Philosopher's Stone is?" Edward asked. Natsu looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"The what?" He answered. Edward let out a defeated breath.

"I guess that answers our question," he said. "It was nice to meet you, Natsu..."

"I can't just breathe fire, ya know? I was raised by a dragon named Igneel, so I can smell and hear real good," Natsu offered with a slight smile. "I'll do anything to go home. And to find my dad. All I ask is ya help me bust outta here." Natsu added, looking kind of sad, but also determined.

"I can't help you. Sorry," Edward replied before he, Alphonse, and Hughes left.

"Why didn't you wanna help him?" Alphonse wondered aloud on their way back to their apartment.

"Who said I didn't?" Edward asked with a sly grin.

"Why does that scare me?" Alphonse asked. Edward held up his metal hand to reveal faded and slightly smudged writing.

"I wrote that down during the show. I noticed that he looked pretty beaten up and he was clearly forced into being there, so I wrote a little note," Edward explained.

"'Hang in there 'till midnight?'"Natsu finally sounded out the words to the note that was now practically tattooed to his hand. "What the hell?"

"I knew that he'd be closely monitored, so I had to make sure that the note would get to him, unseen by any of the staff or other performers," Edward finished explaining.

"You're terrifyingly sneaky," Alphonse responded, taking in his brothers plan.

"I would've told you about it, but I didn't have time, and I couldn't risk anyone else hearing or we would've gotten in trouble, too," Edward apologized, smiling slightly and scratching the back of his head.

Midnight finally arrived, and Edward and Alphonse were waiting for Natsu and Happy behind the giant tent, just out of any light and away from any eyes. Finally, Natsu and Happy arrived, out of breath.

"Sorry it took so long..." Happy apologized.

"Don't worry about it. Do you have everything you need?" Edward asked. Natsu and Happy both nodded. So, Edward, Alphonse, Natsu, and Happy all ran away from the park and toward the apartment building where Edward and Alphonse lived, knowing that they would be safe there.

"Thanks, man," Natsu thanked Edward and Alphonse with a grin while they were running. Edward smiled slightly back.

"Don't thank us. You said you wanted to get away from the circus, right?" Edward started before remembering a short but slightly iconic phrase that someone said to him once as a child. "So, let's go!"

Next Up: Start of a New Adventure