-Dog Grooming-

Darks POV

Mark and I have had Chica for a while and we thought we were good parents to the dog. She was spoiled and was loved more than any other dog in the world. But there was one issue that neither of us could agree to do. Bathing Chica.

She loved the bath a lot, which was good and bad. Good because we can call her in the bath no problem. But bad because she splashed everywhere and go the whole bathroom wet. And I didn't want my suit to get soaked, so Mark got the job of cleaning her. But I always felt bad for never volunteering or at least offering a little hand with it.

It was Saturday and Mark had pointed that Chica was getting dirty and needed a bath. At first, I was gonna shrug and just go back to reading, but I felt more guilty than usual. I looked over at the pup, her tail wagging fast. I sighed softly and slowly got up, agreeing to help him bath Chica. He looked happy and left with Chica to the bathroom, turning the water off.

I took off my overcoat and rolled my sleeves up, heading to the bathroom. I noticed Mark wearing a pair of shorts and an old t-shirt for cleaning the dog. I walked in and slipped my socks and shoes off, setting them to the side of the room and sat on the edge of the bath, putting my feet in the warm water.

I grabbed the shower nozzle and sprayed Chica with water, her tail wagging faster. Mark was helping by getting the water in the layers of fur. I smiled softly at him, his expression bright and excited. I didn't even notice when Chica shook her body fast, getting water all over us.

I looked down at my now wet shirt, but I wasn't mad. I just chuckled softly and rubbed her back, her tongue lolled out of her mouth. I looked up at Mark and smiled, leaning to the side to grab the dog shampoo. I turned the shower nozzle off and poured the soap in my hand, scrubbing her body and eventually getting her covered with suds.

Mark reached over for the soap and scrubbed her neck and head. We both kept washing the adorable dog, occasionally complimenting her on how well behaved she was. After about five minutes of scrubbing her, I heard soft humming from Mark, making me smile and blush light pink. He always had a beautiful voice, but he never admitted it.

After Chica was finally cleaned, we rinsed her off, splashing each other once in a while for fun. After Chica was finally cleaned, we got her on the bathroom floor with some towels. She began shaking water all over the place already, getting us both wet. But again, I just chuckled and continued to dry her off with Mark, using a hair dryer to help speed up the process.

It was finally an hour and half later, we finally gave Chica a bath, letting her run out and go to her bed, lying down to take a nap. I looked at Mark and saw he was wet and his hair was a mess. I moved over to him and pulled him to my chest, kissing his forehead. He smiled brightly and kissed me, wrapping his arms around my neck.

We both parted from the kiss and sat together on the couch, cuddling close, not caring we smelled of wet dog. I looked over at Chica and smiled, calling her over to cuddle with us. It was about ten minutes later and we all fell asleep together on the couch, cuddling each other. I could get use this if this was the outcome for grooming Chica.