Evolution of the Daleks (Part 2)

***
I don't own Doctor Who or any of its characters or plots. I only own my OC and my plot changes.

'Italics' are thoughts of characters.
"Italics" also are when they're speaking telepathically.

***

'Oh why do I always get myself into these situations...'
The Songbird silently sighed as she continued to fiddle with the cables in the back of the Daleks machine. Her and Peter had managed to make it back there without being seen, or heard as they had to pull off the casing of said machine, which was a miracle in itself. Now she was just hoping for another one as her brain struggled with figuring out what to change without having the enemy notice.
She could see Peter fidget beside her in the corner of her eye and tense up when a Dalek would roll by. She felt pity for the boy, and strange enough for the Dalek hybrid as well. She had watched as the other Daleks had chained it up like an animal, it pleading with them the entire time. Even though it was once a Dalek no creature should deserve to be locked up.

Shaking her head she went back to the task at hand, her small fingers at work, only stopping for a brief moment when she listened to the ear piercing shrieks of the Daleks as they talked to one another.

"Confirm time until solar intercept."

"Gamma strike four minutes and counting."

"Pig slaves will take the lift. Find the Doctor. Kill him."

Her eyes widen.

'Please....no....'
The Time Lady squeezes her eyes shut, hands shaking as she tries to control her breathing. A hand gently lays on her shoulder causing her to look up into Peters concerned eyes. He gives her a small nod of reassurance. Mentally thanking that she had Peter by her side she quickly goes back to work to the many wires and bits.

The Doctor could take care of himself, she knew that. But it was never fun to hear someone or something want to kill the one you love. If he died then....
No.. she couldn't think about that right now. People were depending on her.

"Gamma strike imminent. In forty rels. Thirty nine, thirty eight, thirty seven.."

The hand still on her shoulder tightened its grip as the Daleks started counting down. Barely noticing the world around her she quickened her pace.

"Twelve, eleven, ten.."

Beads of sweat roll down the gingers face as she plugs in the last wire. Hands flying she hurriedly flicks one last switch, just before the Dalek finished its countdown.

"Zero. Gamma strike!"

All of a sudden the Time Lady collapses, barely feeling Peter catching her before she hit the ground. Excruciating pain radiates through her body. Tears streamed down her scrunched face and she tries not to make a sound to alert their presence, but slowly that was getting harder and harder to do, her body felt like it was being ripped apart, almost....electrocuted. She knew right then, with the amount of thinking one could do in so much pain mind you, that The Doctor had done something incredibly....stupid, once again. The pain subsided almost as quickly as it came. Head fuzzy, her head lolled to the side as darkness quickly consumed her.

'Oh Theta...'

———

'Oh Theta...'