Chapter eight

We were cuddling in bed.

Winter was the big spoon. He was hugging me from behind, both his arms and legs wrapped around me. I couldn't sleep. It wasn't because he was hugging me too tight; I liked hugs. It was just the fact that I was actually getting turned on by his body close to mine.

"Can you get the fuck off me?!" I snapped elbowing him softly. He stirred and buried his head into my neck.

It had been a week since Winter had kidnapped me. Time was flying fast. This was the first time Winter was sleeping in my bed, and to tell the truth I was not comfortable with it. Why did he insist on sleeping in my bed anyway? He had a huge house, with heaps of bedrooms!

I finally fell asleep at around two in the morning, only to be woken by Winter at six. He had clearly gotten heaps of sleep, because he was bouncy and happy. "Morning, Jace!" He greeted.

I glared at him. "I hate you."

"Pardon?" He took a sip of his hot chocolate. I sighed and repeated myself.

"I said, I hate you."

"Why?" He poked my nose, making me scowl and move away. "Are you taking out your anger on me because your daddy still hasn't given me what he owes me?"

I pulled the covers over my head and rolled over. He munched on a piece of toast and sat beside me. "Maybe he's just held up. He wouldn't forget about you, would he?"

I sat up and shoved him off the bed. He landed on his ass and winced. "It's your fucking fault I'm here in the first place! Don't you dare try and comfort me when you're the one who's fucking kidnapped me!" I shouted.

He stood up. His eyes were full of fire, looking dangerous and scary. I felt my face pale at the sight, and I was right to be scared. Winter pounced at me, causing us to tumble off the bed and land on the ground in a tangled mess. He hit me, once, twice, three times, shouting about respect for a few moments before he stopped with a surprised look on his face. I groaned, squeezing my eyes closed. My cheek was throbbing with pain, my lip bleeding from where I had bitten it.

"Jace!" Winter hugged my head to his chest. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. Please forgive me. Please, please, please..."

I whimpered in pain as two of his bodyguards picked me up carefully and placed me on the bed. Winter tucked the blankets around me and started to clean my face with a wet towel. "I warned you I would get angry, Jace," He said quietly. "But its not your fault. I'm sorry. I... I shouldn't have done that. He shouldn't have... We... I'm so sorry, Jacey."

I didn't answer.

"Do you forgive me?" He asked softly, his fingers running through my tangled black hair as he wiped some of the blood away from my lip. I winced and resisted the tears threatening to fall.

"No," I forced out quietly, ignoring the sharp stab of pain on my lip as I spoke.

"Fair enough, Jace," He pinched my chin, making me look up at him. "Hey, you're going to have one hell of a bruise though! You're going to look awesome. Even better than your brothers."

I was silent for a moment before I nudged the blankets and him off me and took the wet towel from his hands. I turned away from him. "I'll never look better than my brothers," I replied, closing the bathroom door.

<><><><>

Chess starts to get a bit old when you've played it nearly a hundred times and haven't won once. Especially when you were trying to hold a grudge against the person you were playing with.

At game ninety-seven, I pushed the board away from me and crossed my arms. Winter stared curiously. "Are you still angry at me, Jace?"

"Yes."

"Will you still be angry after dinner?"

"Yep."

"What about after dessert. Will you be angry then?"

I scowled at him, getting the feeling he was mocking me. "Yes. And I'll be angry at you for the rest of our natural lives."

"For punching you a few times?"

"For kidnapping me!" I glanced at the clock. "When's dinner? And when will you leave?"

"Why should I give you dinner?" He asked, his eyes twinkling. "After all, you are angry at me. Maybe I should be angry at you until you starve to death. Watch you try to win my forgiveness."

I stared at him, my eyes wide. He chuckled and pushed the chess board back towards me. "I'm kidding. Or maybe. I'm not sure. How about you just finish this game? I do hate to leave things unfinished."

I sighed and moved my queen forward.

A few minutes later, I had his king cornered and all his other pieces out, which had never happened before. I stared at the board, working this over in my head. "Did I win?"

Winter just smiled.

"I won!" I was making a big deal of it, and I knew it. But maybe just the thought that I won in something and wasn't completely worthless made me smile. I stood up and stuck my tongue out at him. "I won! Haha, I won, you didn't!"

"Aware of that. And I'm proud of you. We'll make a chess master of you yet!" It nearly made me laugh, but I managed to look away just in time. He packed up the board as I sat back down, a smug little smile on my face. He looked at the clock. "Okay, dinner time."

<>THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN EDITED. THIS IS NOT FOR THE READERS, THIS IF FOR ME TO REMIND MY DUMB FUCKING SELF. THIS HAS BEEN EDITED, KAI!<>