Chapter sixteen

Winter came up with what he called "a brilliant plan," and I called "fucking stupid."

He wanted to put me in front of a camera, tie me to a chair, and film me begging my parents to pay up, then release the video to the public. Though I agreed it would definitely speed up the process of payment, the humiliation of it seemed like a heavy price to pay for going back to that apartment with that family. But I didn't have a choice. When Winter wanted something, he got something.

The day of the filming, I was awoken at the same time as usual, except this time Winter was holding a camera in my face. My first thought was to pull my pillow over my head and hide, which I did instantly. "Winter!" I whined. "Turn it off! I hate photos!"

"It's not on yet," Winter told me, yanking the pillow away from my head and causing me to groan at the light. "But we're filming that video today. Hey, maybe I should punch you a couple of times, so it looks like you're getting beaten up here?"

"Please don't," I rubbed my jaw. "It still hurts from the last time you hit me."

"Let's tie you to a chair!" He grabbed my leg and pulled me out of bed. "That'll convince them!"

Winter was having a lot of fun with the project. He pressed an affectionate kiss to my forehead (I blushed) and made me stand up, which I did with a lot of complaining. He then began to order people around. I watched from the side, exhausted and wanting to go back to bed.

"Just let him have his fun," Somebody whispered in my ear as I watched Winter drag a chair over to a wall, stand back to look at it, then drag it somewhere else. I looked up at Victor. 

"But this is stupid," I answered honestly.

"Trust me. Let him have his fun."

Winter approached me and grabbed my hand. "Ready, my dear?" He questioned, his eyes twinkling. I scowled at him, opening my mouth to protest, but he grinned and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, silencing me. "Before you answer, I need something along the lines of yes."

"No," I said in a monotone voice. Winter laughed, pressing another kiss to my forehead before dragging me over to the chair. He pushed me down and started to tie the rope around me, knotting it in a complicated manner all the while chatting my ear off. I winced as he started to pull it tight. "Ow! That hurts!" I complained.

"It has to look convincing." He patted my head. I rolled my eyes.

Winter's bodyguards stood in front of me. One of them was holding the camera. Most were trying to hide a smile. I sighed.

"And... action!" Winter shouted.

I shot him a blank look. "Winter, this is stupid."

"Cut. Jacey," Winter walked over to me and pinched my chin, making me look up at him. He looked me dead in the eye, very serious, and said, "Never use my mortal name in public."

I rolled my eyes for what felt like the thousandth time. "We're not in public," I reminded him. "We're in your basement."

"Recording a video that will get released to the public. So, say your lines."

"What are my lines?"

He held a piece of paper in front of me. I scanned through it, then sighed. "Nobody is going to believe me if I say that. If you really want this to be convincing, let me improvise. I'll make it look good. Promise."

He looked suspicious but stepped back. "Action."

"Dan," I looked at the camera. "I need you to do this. Otherwise I'm going to get butt fucked in here by Winter, who clearly can't keep it in his pants," I pursed my lips before slyly adding. "Not that I would mind, hint hint--"

"Hey! Cut! No!" Winter whined as everybody, including me, started to laugh. "I would never!" He said haughtily. Even Victor was hiding his grin behind his hand.

We actually had fun recording the video. It was so hard to keep a straight face, considering the fucking ridiculous situation I was in, but we finally got one video that Winter liked, at least a little bit.

"Dan. I mean, Dad. I really need you to get me out of here. The people here scare me. This is the first time I've seen people in..." I squinted at the camera. "I don't know how long. Please, Dad... P-please just get me out of here! I'm being kept down here, in the dark! I need you! Please just give him what he wants. Mum... M-mama-- Please don't leave me here. I need to get out, I need help! Help me!"

"And... Cut! That's pretty good..." Winter said thoughtfully. "But you need to make it sound like I'm torturing you."

I groaned and struggled against the ropes. "This is so stupid! I want food!"

"Stop complaining. I'm the one who has to watch your fails over and over," Winter grumbled. My mouth fell open. 

"Wait, are you seriously saying that you have it worse right now? I'm literally tied to a chair!"

"And if you can escape I'll give you breakfast." Winter sat down on the floor, nibbling on a muffin. I glared at him.

 "Anyone ever tell you that you're a prick?"

"No swearing. Let me see your escape, sweetie."

I gritted my teeth as I tried to pull my hand free. Instead, all I got was a sickening crack of my wrist, which made me whine and slacken my hand. The ropes were too tight; if I tried anymore, I'd probably break my wrist.

"You're doing great," Winter smiled encouragingly at me, sitting down on the floor. I growled in frustration, giving up. 

"Winter!" I whined. "Let me go!"

"Almost there," He looked back at his bodyguards. "Take a break."

"What for?" Victor asked.

"Take. A. Break. Go and smoke outside or something. Yes, guys. I know you do that."

"Winter! Let me go now or I'm never talking to you again!" I shouted, struggling against the ropes. "You prick! Let me go!"

"Yes, yes. You're doing great, Jacey," Winter said absentmindedly. "Hey guys, while you're up there, can you maybe bring us down some hot chocolate?"

"Sure thing," One of them answered, shooting me a pitying smile before they closed the door behind them. I groaned and decided to try a different tactic. 

"Winter..." I pouted and wriggled around so my shirt was raised up slightly. "Can you please let me go?"

"Don't try that with me, mister," Winter scolded. "I want to see if you can escape the ropes."

"I can't, okay? Can you please just let me go?"

"Aw, but why?" He crawled closer, a smirk on his face. "We could have so much fun in here. I always was one for chains, but ropes will do."

I turned red and pulled at the ropes again. Yeah, served me right for flirting with him when I was tied up.

Winter's hand moved up my leg, to my thigh. He ran his thumb in circles over my pyjama pants, causing friction. I squeezed my eyes shut as his hand moved up further, to my wrist.

Suddenly the ropes loosened. I looked back at him, confused. He was untying the ropes, letting them drop to the floor. "What?" He asked innocently, smiling. I narrowed my eyes, rubbing at my sore wrists and standing up. 

"Why do I feel that the only reason you recorded that video was to tie me up?"

He grinned. "Ever the genius, Jacey." 

Author's Note:

Please vote/comment/share if you feel up to it.

Thanks for reading, my darlings!

Xoxoxo,

-Kai