Smoking

You were sitting in the park on a bench. It was dark. Sometime in the night. It didn't matter, you didn't care. You were out here smoking a cigarette. You knew they were bad for you but hey, they helped you relax and forget about everything going on at home.

You were minding your own business, smoking your cigarette when someone rudely interrupted you. "Uh, Hey."

You looked to your left to see who it was. It was a boy, tall and skinny with curly hair. He had on black jeans and a red hoodie.

"Hi?" You said and went back to smoking.

"You shouldn't do that." The boy took a seat beside you on the bench.

"Do what?" You inhaled.

"That." He pointed at the cigarette.

You just rolled your eyes. Can't people leave me alone for once. "And why not?" You asked even though you already knew what he would say.

"It's bad for your health, and you're so young. You know you could get lung cancer from that?" He grabbed the cigarette out of your hand and put it out.

"Hey! What'd u do that for?" You reached out to grab your cigarette back. It was already out though so u tossed it behind you.

"You shouldn't litter either." The boy said.

"Bad for the environment, you know."

You didn't answer. You were annoyed with him as it was.

"Okay, let's start over." He smiled at you. "I'm Finn and I think you're really cute."

"Well," you sighed, "I'm y/n." You looked at him. And this time really looked at him. You noticed his eyelashes and freckles and his smile. "And I think you're really cute as well." You told him.

"In that case," he took his phone out. "Type your number in here."

You did. "There you go."

He took his phone back. "I'll text you on one condition." He said.

"And what would that condition be?" You asked, now intrigued.

"Stop smoking cigarettes." He told you blandly.

"It isn't that easy." You said.

"Then at least try." He said.

"No promises." You told him. And got off the bench and walked away. Hoping he'd still text you.

A/n - ik I said his book was done months ago but I'm back now. Yeehaw!

w.c - 381