Mullette: Sane

Adrienne planted a kiss on my lips. She hugged me, a warm smile plastered onto her face. I sighed and turned away, I felt another peck of my cheek. I giggled a little, Adrienne kissed me goodbye one last time. "Have a great time at work!"

If only that were going to be true. I stepped out of my penthouse, my hair swept across my face, I worked at a mental asylum, and today I would be taking on a new patient. His name was Hercules Mulligan, it wasn't good timing for me to switch routines to going to a new room now, my vacation was in a week. Quality time with my wife, Adrienne, my sweet sunshine. I sighed with a delight, as I walked down the brisk streets, of New York. I lived on the top floor, in a penthouse, since me and Adrienne were both rich. I had no idea how I really ended up in psychology, my parents ended up thinking I liked it or something. I slowly approached the large white building.

Hercules's P.O.V.

My hands stung. Voices whispered in my ears, where was I? Oh right, my cage. The speakers were buzzing with some announcement, all I heard was white noise. I peeled at the paint on the wall, something to think about finally. Today I was getting a new doctor, I made the old one bleed red milk. It was fun. Until they screamed, that hurt my ears, maybe my new one would be just as fun. The door creaked, Doctor. It slowly was pushed open. Then the most beautiful creature I had ever seen walked into my life.

He was wearing the usual doctor wear, but his face, and curves, were.. gorgeous. He smiled at me, it must be genuine, he had rosy cheeks and innocent eyes, his hair was curly and tied into a tight bun with several elastics. I lifted myself quickly off the chair, it creaked, it was plastic fold up after all. I gravitated toward him. I pulled down his clipboard, he was much taller than me, his smiled remained as he sat.

"Hello Hercules, it's a pleasure to be doing your daily report today!" He said his voice lined with cheer, he knows my name! "I hope we can be good friends! My name is Ma- I mean.. you can call me Marquis, or Gilbert, Lafayette if you want to."

Lafayette. Laffy. Laffy Taffy! "Laffy Taffy!" I said happily, he seemed confused for a second, then realized what I did, he smiled and laughed. "Can I call you that? Most doctors don't let me use nicknames.. but you can call me Herc."

"Haha.. you can call me that if you like. It's very original! Haha, I love what you did." He said, he loved it? Laffy Taffy it is.

Then Laffy asked me the typical questions. Ones I did not want to answer. How was I feeling? Well can't you tell? But I said I was in love. He didn't ask who, which means he's not nosy, like my last doctor. His feet creaked against the floor as he walked out, no! Come back! Free time. Free time, is when we can roam around, out of our cells, while being watched by the doctors. We can't leave, or go into private rooms, most people just hang out in the break room, so do I, I have to fit in.

During Free Time

Laffy sat in the break room too. He sat by the window, just staring at it, I blocked his view of the window, by popping up in between him and the window. He raised his eyebrows, I smiled, I put my hand on his arm, I wanted him to stay.

"Oh um.. hello Hercules? Are you alright?" He asked, I was fine, but I didn't speak, I liked how fearful he looked when I stared into his eyes. "Hercules, can you.." He began to get up but I shook my head.

"Stay."

"Hercules—,"

"Stay."

"Alright... what did you want to say then?"

"Can I sit on your lap?"

He laughed, then nodded whilst laughing. I giggled too, I didn't know what was funny. I sat on his lap, smiling, triumphant. Thomas Jefferson, a fellow inmate who I hated approached. He ignored me, staring at Laffy, staring, his eyes glued to his target, I knew that look, lust. No. No. He's. Mine. I hastily pulled my arms around Laffy, who blinked and smiled a little bit. Ringing started through my ears, the fan was suddenly as loud as an symphony, I closed my eyes, and hung onto Laffy. He raised his eyebrows but put his arms around me. His voice started to speak. It was silky and like poetry.

"Hercules." He said soothingly, "What's wrong? Are you alright, you seem distraught, do you need some water or something?" No. I had him. He was so comforting and beautiful. So I shook my head.

"Doctor Marquis," said a southern accent seductively, "pardon me, but I don't feel so well..." Jealous bitch. "Can you take me to get some water?"

Laffy turned to him, no! "What's wrong Thomas? I kinda have my hands full." he motioned towards me, "perhaps Doctor Angelica is open? Or Eliza? I really need to take care of Hercules right now.. you can get water on your own right?"

Thomas folded his arms. He nodded, then spun around, turning to walk away. Sometimes there is such thing as love at first sight. Because I know I love him! More than my old doctor, and more than Ms. Angelica (even though I like her). The voices started to talk to me again, that wasn't good... I was told that. I looked up at the fan, it spun in circles. It was amazingly loud, it bothered me, I tried to pull Laffy closer.

"What's wrong Hercules?"

Difficult question.

"The noise."

Laffy directed his gaze toward the ceiling. Where the fan sat, buzzing away into my ears. He squirmed slightly in the seat, making a creaking noise which made me hold on more. Laffy's arm reached for something, I didn't know what it was, or cared. I wanted him to keep me in his loving arms. The noise stopped. The drill that had been in my ears stopped and I could breathe, I stuffed my head into his wrinkled white coat and breathed. In and out. In and out.

"Hercules," spoke Laffy with his suavity clear in his voice, "I need to help Thomas now, alright? Can you.."

I heard a small voice call to me, "Hercules! You can't move! Listen to me, Laffy is going to want Thomas, and hold him more if you do. You can't let him win." It was right, I couldn't let him win.

So I stood still. Waiting. Waiting. He finally stood, I heard the soft grinding of his jeans on my leggings as I slid away. His arms fell to his sides, I removed my arms. "Dr. Laffy..." but he didn't hear. He just slid away. Leaving me alone. Why would he do that? Why would he?

A/N: Eeeeeyyyyy! Hoped you liked it. And leave recommendations! Bye!!!!

~The Frechiest Fry 🍟