Lams: I hate you

A/N: Yes this is the same plot as the last one because I realized how well it would work with lams. -Angie

John's POV

"Alex," I hiss. He ignores me, keeping the phone pressed against his ear.

"And I was like, 'You're the one that screwed Sicky, honey.'"

"Alex," I repeat. He holds up his index finger to signal me to wait and continues talking.

"I know! ...You could say that again. Then he was all like, 'At least I'm not dating that rich snobby princess, Eliza.' And that's how I got the black eye."

"Alex!" I throw a pillow at his face. He sticks his middle finger up in response.

"I got to go, babe. My mom's making me take out the trash," he lies with a glare at me, indicating I'm the trash. "Uh, huh... Yep, love you too. Okay, bye... No, you hang up first!"

Not again. They'd been dating one week and every call never seems to end. Alex and Eliza were that icky couple that made out in the halls and walked to every class together. The situation was, to say the least, not ideal for me, his lovesick best friend.

"I'm not doing it. You have to... No, you!"

"I'll do it!" I snap, grabbing the phone and slamming it down causing it to ring harshly around the room and tangle the cord.

"John! What was that for?"

"Well, let's see. It's not like you invited me over and instead of the movie and cheap junk food, I was promised, I got to sit here and listen to you talk to your, oh so precious, Eliza." All the emotions of the past week bubble up in me and settle in my gut.

"I didn't know Eliza wanted to hear about every one of my quarrels with Jefferson. Why didn't you just tell me to get off the phone?" He smiles like he doesn't even know he's tearing me apart.

"Guess the pillow wasn't much of a hint. Do you even realize what you're doing?"

"What do you mean?" The smile slips off his face and his eyebrows scrunch together in confusion.

"I mean, how you've been obsessing over Eliza and ignoring everyone else in your life. How I've sat next to you at lunch but all you do is talk to Eliza or talk about Eliza. It's 'Eliza, Eliza, Eliza' twenty-four seven. If I hear her name one more time, I think I'm gonna snap."

He cocks an eyebrow. "I'm sorry that I can't spend every waking living second with you but I have a life outside of you."

"That's not what I mea-" Before the words escape my mouth, he cuts me off.

"Really? Because that's sure what it sounds like. Oh, is poor Jackie jealous? Cause I don't have time for my best friend?" I hate this side of him... well, it was okay when it was directed at Jefferson or Madison... but this hurt.

"I hate you," I mutter when I want to say 'I love you'.

"Speak up," he spits.

"I hate you!" There's a beat of silence as I watch pain flash across his face. "I hate how you would throw your own best friend to the curb. I hate how won't settle for anything, you must get more and more and more, never satisfied. I hate how you play everything off like its nothing, but it's not nothing! I hate how you act confident to hide your insecurities. I hate how much you remind me of myself. I hate your stupid gorgeous face! And your stupid smile that looks like daybreak and how your laugh gives me chills sent straight from the freaking arctic. I hate the way you give me rabid butterflies that eat away at my insides like some crappy rom-com. But most of all, I hate how fucking dense you are!"

I sit there. Cursing myself. Did I say all that? Please tell me I didn't say all that. I can't bear to meet his eyes. The silence presses in on me until I can't take it anymore. I grab my backpack from the floor and go to leave when Alex stops me.

"John... I didn't know."

"No shit, Sherlock." I turn away from him and go to walk out the door, but again, he stops me.

"You're my best friend though and Eliza-" He stumbles over his words, a rarity.

"I get it. Just forget I ever said anything. Forget this, forget me, forget everything." With my eyes burning, I walk out of his house.