Battle of Kuromorimine (Pt.2)

City of Kuromorimine

Mike's Position

Mike was moving carefully from building to building, moving through the rubble of what was left of the area he was in. He had some burn marks from when he escaped the tank. He was panicking about what he would do if he was the last one alive.

Just keep moving...you'll see them again. Was the thought that kept him moving. He didn't know where he was going, naturally, so he decided that the next intact building was going to be his vantage point. He looked for about 30 minutes before he found one. Damn Saunders and their airstrikes... He thought while climbing the building. He kept going until he couldn't climb anymore, meaning he couldn't get to the roof. He pulled out his pistol and kicked in a door. He could climb through one of the apartments, and luckily, the one he busted in was unoccupied. He holstered his gun and opened the window, the roof was a good 3 feet above it, it was easy, so he was up for the job. He climbed onto the windowsill and hoisted himself onto the edge of the windowsill and climbed onto the roof. From there he could see a building that resembled the Reichstag.

"Hmm...must be the school." He said to himself. "That's where they must be heading." He heard the cracking of machine gun fire in the distance, knowing that it was suicide to go there without a tank, he thought of the others. "I better help them. Any way I can." He climbed back down into the apartment and raced down to the street. He began to run as fast as he could towards the school. He stopped after a few minutes of running, knowing he didn't want to expend all his energy just getting there. He walked the rest of the way, right into an advancing column of Pravda's tanks. The commander ordered her tank to stop and hopped down.

"Are you alright, Comrade?" She asked. She was a bit shorter than Mike, but she had a tank. That's when it hit him. He was dressed in his uniform, that of a Russian tanker. She must've thought he was part of Pravda. He just nodded.

"My tank was knocked out. Mind if I hitch a ride with your column?" Mike asked.

"да." Was all she said. He climbed onto the engine deck and gave her a thumbs up. She ordered her tanks to continue moving forward. He grabbed onto a handle on the back of the T-34-85's turret and hung on. I'm coming Jay...I'm coming...

Shield 4's Position...

The Pershing rolled to a stop on the end of the street corner. Suzuki was on the bow gun, ready to open fire on Leon's command.

"AJ, get ready to move on my command. Michael, I'll give the order to fire." Leon said. Hoshino was watching from a distance. She was a little upset that Leon had not let her onto the tank, but at the same time she was glad he was worried for her. Besides, the injury might flare up again and he didn't want that to affect her fighting. She noticed something move down the street. She saw it and Leon had seen it as well. It was a Panther.

"Alright, AJ Move ahead at full speed!" The Pershing accelerated, closing the distance rapidly. The Panther's commander noticed and ordered her tank's gunner to turn the turret towards the oncoming tank. "Stop! FIRE!" The tank skidded to a stop and fired, but since the gun was a bit lower than Michael predicted, the shot hit the ground.

"Shit!" Richard picked up another shell from the ammo rack and loaded it.

"Your Clear Michael!"

"Round away!" Michael fired, but the shell bounced off the front plate of the Panther, ricocheting into a nearby building. "Come Richard, Come on Now!" The breech slammed closed.

"You're Clear Mike!"

"Advance!" The tank accelerated once more, throwing the gun up and causing the shot to miss. The two tanks were driving at each other with such speed, that the gunners both miscalculated their shot timing. The shells both bounced, and the tanks passed each other.