Ch.1 The Boy

...Stop...

Just stop... Why continue to beat? Everytime you do, it remind me that I'm still in the real world. I don't care much for it. So stop beating...that way...I can die.

My heart ignores me and continues to live. I just stare at the night sky with blank, dead, eyes. The moon is the only light I have. I sit in a small, dark alleyway, doing nothing in particular. I'm just wasting time.

"..."

The cold, frosty air blows my hair around as it passes by.

"Oh my, honey, look."

I look back down and at the couple who stopped in front of me. The man kneels down to my level. His face held a look of concern for me. My dead eyes look back at his.

"Are you okay, dear? Where are your parents?" he asks.

"...Gone."

"Did you get separated?"

"..."

"Do you have their number? I can call them for you."

"...No."

"Can you tell us your name, sweetheart?" the woman kindly asks.

"...My name is Shiori. I'm 10 years old and I'm abandoned. I can't read and I feel nothing." I answer in a monotone voice.

"You poor thing." the woman replies.

"Why don't you come with us. We'll get you cleaned up and give you some food." the man spoke.

I nod my head and stand on my feet. That's when they noticed I didn't have shoes, and that my feet were cut up and covered in blood.

"We'll get that treated right away. I'm a doctor, so I have the supplies at my home."

I nod and the man picks me up. They carry me back to their place.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"Here, dear."

The woman places a steaming bowl of some liquid in front of me. I sat at the dinning table, staring at it.

"It's soup, dear."

"..."

I take the spoon, that was next to the bowl, I place it in the soup. I take it out and place it in my mouth. It...has taste. The woman smiles at me.

"How is it?"

"...It tastes...like flavor."

The woman tills her head.

"I have no emotion. I don't feel things. It doesn't make me happy, nor does it make me hate it. I can't tell if it's good or bad. Feelings...aren't normal for me."

"You poor thing. Just eat up. After this, I'll get a bath ready for you."

"Okay..."

The woman leaves the dinning room and I continue to eat.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

After my bath, I was in a guest room, staring out the window. I stood there, in a white nightgown, staring at the moon. There's something about the moon that has my attention.

A knock on the door, now has my attention. It was the man.

"How are you feeling?"

I look back out the window.

"...I feel nothing."

"I see... Well, I came in here to patch up your wounds."

"Okay."

So I sit on the bed as the doctor cleans my cuts and bandages my feet.

"There. All better."

"Yes..."

"...Shiori, how long have you've been on your own?"

"...Five years."

The doctor sits on the bed, next to me.

"You can stay here as long as you like. When, and if, you're ready, we'll bring you to the police station to try to help you out."

"Okay."

The doctor looks at my blank eyes as I stare at my feet.

"How long have you not felt anything?"

"Ever since I was born. That part of me is missing. I don't know where it went. Something is just off."

"I see..."

Suddenly, a scream could be heard throughout the house. The doctor instantly jumps to his feet.

"Maki!"

I watch as he rushes towards the door. He stops and looks back at me.

"Hide in the closet. Don't come out until I come back."

"Okay."

So I do what I'm told, and the doctor shuts the bedroom door as he leaves.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

It's been ten minutes. I think something happened. I stand up and take a peak outside the closet. I don't see anything abnormal. Deciding it's safe, I leave the closet. I open the bedroom door and head down stairs.

"Mr.Doctor? Mr. Doctor's wife?" I simply called out.

But I get no response. I make it to the bottom of the stairs and decide to search the house. The first stop, the living room.

Just as I enter the living room, two shots rang out. I look to see a bunch of men, dressed in black, surrounding people. I peak to see a boy standing in the middle. He had to be maybe four years older then me.

This boy wore a black suit too. He had dark brown, wavy hair and brown eyes. Or eye, I should say. He had bandages wrapped around his head, it even covered his right eye. There were also bandages around his neck and arms. He caught my attention.

Who is this boy?