Chapter 1

"I should really go to sleep" you say as you yawn, not bothering to hide it as your mouth opens, jaw cracking and you lazily wonder if this is the moment in your life you turn into a snake. Sandman had you in his grasps tonight and he was not letting you go this time. After countless nights of battling with him to catch up on your shows and stories, he has won, and it's a victory worth celebrating in his books. Your phone was set aside and your eyes were shut, ignoring the little vibrating messages that came from your phone as your friends more than likely were wishing you a goodnight in some odd form, and grabbed onto one of the few stuffed animals that were on your bed. 

Hey, they are awesome and you don't care how old you are. These adorable, squishy things were some of the best things to sleep on. Taking deep, steady breaths, you try not to let your mind wander as it normally would, and relaxed. This is nice you thought, feeling yourself drift into what you knew would be a deep sleep. 

Knock knock knock knock. 

Correction: Sandman did not win the battle. Another sleepless night here you go. (Eye Color) eyes snap open as the knocking continued. "What the hell is making all of that noise?!" At first you thought it was coming from the front door. It's late, everyone in your family is asleep, so it could be that the silent home was making the noise sound louder than it actually was. Getting out of bed, you grab your phone and turn on the flashlight, not even making it two steps away from your door before jumping as you hear '"open the window! I'm slipping!" 

Who the hell is at your window?! 

Realistically, you should've used your brain and called the police. Instead, you did what every person in horror movies do and that is investigate. Smart. You are oh so smart. 

Slowly moving over to the window, you shine your phone flashlight and squeal as the face of a man was now visible. A very unhappy man who was squinting at the bright light in his face. "Turn that crap off! I can't see!" Dropping your phone, you ran to turn the light on in your room, hoping that whatever being above was playing a joke on you. 

Going to the window, you see him struggle to hold on, now glaring at you. "Are you going to open the window or do I have to break it?" 

"How the hell do I know you won't kill me?!"

"I am barely hanging on here! I don't even know where the hell I am!?! Just let me in before I break my way in!" He nearly shouted, somehow convincing you enough to open the window and watch him roll in, landing on the ground with a groan. Where you an idiot who just let a strange man with pink hair into your room? Yes. Yes you were.

"Finally. Geez woman, you sure are paranoid." He's wearing a vest, baggy pants, sandals, and a scarf. It's the middle of winter! 

"Where the hell are your clothes?!" You blurt out, eyes wide as you take steps away, watching him stand up and look around your room. 

"This is my clothes."

"Aren't you cold?"

"I never get cold." He looks familiar, but you can't place your tongue on it. Who the hell do you know has pink hair? You watch him watch around, looking at your stuff as if it were foreign. Like he was in a foreign place. He did say he has no idea where he is... Oh god, is he a junkie? DID I JUST BRING A JUNKIE INTO MY ROOM?!

Your worries were immediately wiped away as he grabbed your favorite- and expensive- figurine of your favorite anime character: Natsu. "Why do you have a toy of me?" 

Wait, what? Back and forth, your eyes darted to the toy and the man, wanting to punch yourself in the face for not noticing the resemblance earlier. He looks just like Natsu.

"Uh no, that's Natsu Dragneel. Ya know, anime, fairy tail, yada yada yada? Wait, of course you know, you're dressed like him."

"What the hell is anime? Yes, this is me. Why do you have this? Are you one of those crazy fans?" He gasped and looked at you like you were crazy. "Are you like Juvia?"

"NO! What the hell man, give that back!" You say, grabbing the figurine from his hand and set it in its rightful spot. "Now who the hell are you? You have seconds before I call the police."

"You already know me crazy lady! Natsu Dragneel, Fairy Tail Salamander, strongest wizard in Fairy Tail!"

"Liar! Guildarts is the strongest! Plus Erza and Laxus!" He pouted and crossed his arms, side eyeing me as if you had hurt his feelings. "Besides, that's a show. Made up. Fantasy. Magic and guilds aren't real!"

"The hell are you talking about? Magic is real! Unless this is like Edolas. But weirder, and stinkier. Besides, even if guilds aren't real, can you explain this!" Before you could ask, his hand was smoking, almost puttering like an engine, before lighting up in a ball of fire. 

That was your last straw of sanity. You were tired. You let a strange man into your room who resembles an anime character to the T. Now his hand is on fire. Nope, you are out.

"...Okay.... I'm... I'm gonna go take a nap..." You don't even reach the foot of your bed before your vision turns to black and your body gives way. 

_______________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! Long time no see! To my long time readers: I'm here! You don't need to wait anymore! To my new readers: welcome! 

This is a spin off on a Natsu x Reader I had started quite some time ago and I decided to rewrite it. My writing is a different and this is something that I will be doing for the fun, and to clear my conscious of leaving behind a story hahaha. 

To the ones that remember the original, this is a bit different but I will be referring to the original version as a guideline. It's a little weird to put myself in this mindset again so there may be mistakes, but hey! That's what you are all here for! Hahaha. You keep me on my toes, doing the best that I can. 

I will let you, the reader, fill in as much as you can with any fill in the blanks but the one thing I will insert is the age. I am apologizing in advance for that, but for the sake of the story, that's how it must be. 

Please feel free to tell me what could be improved! Constructive Criticism is always appreciated. Negativity, harsh words, or anything of the sorts will not be tolerated and will be deleted and/or flagged.

If there is anything you want to suggest, I will gladly listen and try to make it happen!

If you'd like, you can follow me on:

IG - iguessicanwritelol
SC- domi_7778

I don't post often but I can answer questions there and we can just chat!

Until next chapter~