Chapter 3

Previously:

Jumping off the bed, you stomp on it to get the fire off, turning to hiss at him once you weren't in danger anymore. "You idiot! I could've gotten burned!" He opened his mouth to apologize but closed it, wiping his mouth of chips as he stared at you.

"What is it now?" You ask, more than agitated.

"Well... I was wondering how long you plan on being without a shirt. They look nice" He said and you follow his gaze, covering yourself and wishing you could explode. It's not your fault you sleep without a bra! They're uncomfortable!

"Look away, you nasty pervert!" You were barely keeping your voice down as she you ran to your closet, pulling out whatever shirt was large enough to cover you up and not let him get any ideas.

"Hey! It's not my fault you aren't wearing flame resistant clothes like I am. Jeez, you ladies always get mad when someone sees them..." You can feel a migraine forming the more you talk with him. This is not going to be a fun winter break, that's for sure...

________________________________________________________________________________

Sandman did not come to greet you again, leaving you up all night with Mr. Dragneel. A man who is so annoying and asks questions over the simpliest things like "do your toilets work the same way as in my world?" and "why do you keep trying to suffocate yourself every time I ask you if birds are real in your world? Do they make any sounds? Are they small or large? Do they have feathers or do they have skin like us?" He doesn't make this easy at all. 

When your alarm went off, you sighed and stood up, looking at the mess he left your room as he explored. He had taken a liking to makeup, finding the whole 'turning yourself into a different person' aspect cool after you showed him a few videos about what people use it for. That was your fault. On the bright side, he's like a child that get entertained easily, finding technology to be the most fascinating thing in the world. When your alarm went off he did freak out, but decided that now was the perfect time for him to go back to sleep. 

Taking a shower, you get ready in the bathroom, ignoring your siblings complaints about you being in there for too long, and go to your room to see him out like a light. "I feel like hitting you with a pillow in the face again" you mumble angrily, taking some makeup and just fixing your face. You had bags and you could feel stress acne forming. Lovely. Absolutely lovely. Let's not add the fact that you walk to school since it's about 5 or so miles from your home, so the bus doesn't come get you and your parents refuse to drive you unless the weather is bad, while more than happy to drive the others to school or take them to the bus stop because it came for them.

Bundling yourself up, you go over to the bed and lean in close to his face, admiring his features before going to his ear and blowing in it, causing him to wake up in a fright. If you weren't so done with the man, you would've laughed like a maniac. But no, this is his comeuppance. "W-wha-"

"I'm leaving and I'll be gone for a while. Remember how to use my laptop? Use it to entertain you, don't burn anything. When the house is quiet, and I mean dead quiet, that's the only time you can go downstairs and go get food. But please, don't eat all of it. Only grab the easy stuff like bread, meat, and cheese. Probably some fruits or vegetables too. Just... take it easy. I promise that when we go out, we can get lots of food for you, but most people here don't eat like you do."

"Got it.."

"Do not let any one see you. No one can know that you're here, got it? The website is still open if you want to watch yourself or other shows like that okay? Just... stay put." Oh yeah, you were so delirious that you put on the show Fairy Tail so that he could see what you had been talking about. He loved that, pointing things out that you didn't know and commenting on stuff that he didn't realize from the perspective of others, namely Lucy. 

"Got it. I promise to be like a ninja. No one will ever know I was here. And I won't burn anything down... And I won't eat too much of your food." You hesitated, but the voice of your mother telling you that you had to leave to make it in time had you leave. It's alright. He will be fine. Absolutely fine. 

~~~

You don't think you've ever moved so fast to get home than you have today. You were practically sprinting the entire time. You got home before your siblings, perfect, and almost broke the door when you opened it, running up the stairs and to your room in a panic. "Natsu!" You call out, completely out of breath, sagging onto the floor as you see on him your laptop, eyes glued to the screen with some things around him. Namely a bag of nearly empty bread, an empty pack of deli meat, an empty pack of cheese, apple cores- yes plural, there were many- and a head of broccoli that looked half burnt. 

"Yeah, hey, I'm here" he said and you could hear the show play. It doesn't take long for you to recall what part he's at based on the audio. It's the battle with Gajeel and the Phantom Lord. Oh thank goodness he didn't burn anything... other than that head of broccoli. 

"Have... have you been watching that all day?" He must've because you can see about 3 episodes per hour. 3 times 7, well about 8 and a half counting the few you saw earlier, equals 27. Good to know that math is good for one thing in your every day life: figuring out how many episodes of one show you can see within an hour. 

"Yeah. You told me to stay put and I can actually listen sometimes. I just don't do it all of the time." God, that is such a relief. "Oh, and you need more of the stuff I ate. You ran out for some weird reason that isn't me."

Ignoring him, you get off the floor and leave your bag in your room, dragging yourself downstairs to close the door. Going to the kitchen, you grab a few granola bars and a garbage bag, went back upstairs, closed your door and went to pick up. He was a special case, that's for sure. Once the trash was picked up, you nudged him aside and laid down, yawning. 

"God, what a stressful day" You mutter, eyes closed before they shoot open once you hear the door open and your mother call out your name. Well, so much for a break. Natsu must've sensed this because he chuckled. 

"Oh shut up pinkie."

"Hey! You sound like Gray!"

"Y/N!" Your mother called again, not even a minute later  and you want to rip your hair out of your head. 

"COMING!" You shout back, glaring at the snickering man before shoving him and getting off your bed, ready to deal with a new chaos: Your family.

__________________________________________________________________

Here is the new chapter! Because I missed a week, there will be another chapter coming out in a day or two to make up for it! Leave a vote, comment, let me know what you think of the chapter- I know it was a bit of a filler,  but give it time, the story is about to kick off! Trust me!

Constructive Criticism is always appreciated!

I have a question for you: Should the next chapter be the shopping chapter, or a chapter from Natsu's perspective? Let me know in the comments!

Follow me on social media:

IG- iguessicanwritelol

SC- domi_7778

Until next time!