19 Years Later: Harry VS The Net

It had been 19 years since the fall of Voldemort. Harry's two boys, James Sirius and Ron Jr had just been dropped off at Platform 9 and 3/4. His daughter Lily Luna was with Ron Sr while Ginny was playing with the Holyhead Harpies and Harry took Neville's Gran to a game of field hockey. They had become close friends and Neville didn't have much time to visit his gran while teaching, so she and Harry often watched games together such as netball or Quidditch or even went to bingo night together. They had both collected a large number of merchandise for each game they watched. Eventually Augusta had signed Harry up for a field hockey team, nothing about wizardry, no one begging him for his autograph, just hitting a ball with a stick.

It was Harry's first game. He was nervous, which was saying something considering he went against the Dark Lord (to be quite honest he wasn't much of a Lord, definitely didn't own any land). He was put in the position of goalie which he hadn't had much, if any, experience in. However Harry was always up for new opportunities and therefore decided that he'd give this game his all.

Harry stood next to the goal, his eyes flicking back and forth, watching as the players passed the ball around and tackled one another. All of a sudden the blur that was the ball was suddenly flying towards him. Harry made himself as big as possible and did his best to block the ball. He managed to kick the ball away from the goal but in doing so he lost his balance and tripped backward into the net. Harry felt mortified at first but he heard his team asking him if he was alright and didn't hear much laughter apart from the now-familiar cackle of Augusta from the sidelines. He attempted to rise from this position that he'd placed himself in, however as he rose, he noticed that his arm was stuck in the net. Harry frowned to himself and attempted to wiggle his way out. His arm was still stuck. Oh dear

"Alright there, Harry?" Asked one of his teammates, Ava, as she ran past. Harry didn't want to admit that he'd gotten his arm stuck in the net so he nodded and gave her a quick smile. He pulled, tugged and wiggled his arm but to no use, it was stuck. He had no choice now. He felt his face redden as he asked for help.

"What d'ya need help with?" Ava asked.

"Ah, it's a bit embarrassing, really." Harry mumbled but Ava had caught sight of the issue at hand (get it?) and snorted loudly, amused.

"I see." Ava jogged over and proceeded to yank his arm out of the net. 

"Thanks." Said Harry

Ava grinned at him and ran back to get ready for the next half of the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The team gathered around the coach after the game had ended. 

"Alright team, good game!" The coach cheered. "Harry, I know you're new so I'll explain this part to you. After every game we go around the team and mentioned something that you could of done better. Maybe you would like to go first?"

"Sure," Harry thought to himself and with a completely straight face said, "Maybe next time I should stay away from the net. It got completely out of hand."

The confused silence of the team was only broken by the combined chortles of Augusta and Ava.