[Prologue]

A soft light filters into the room, and a tune rings in my ears like an alarm of sorts. I sit up and flitter my eyes open, taken aback by the scene before me. I am in a small room, with a striking resemblance to that of a hotel room. The entire wall to my right is a window, but I cannot see through it. Seemingly, it's only purpose would be to provide light. I begin to roll out of the bed, but before I my feet can even touch the ground, a robotic voice rings through the room.
      "Good morning. You have been in suspension for -FIFTY- days." I blink my eyes, fully opening them in shock. 'Fifty days? The last time I checked, I had gotten away from this place.' Then it dawned on me. The party escourt bot. He brought me back. I could hear her voice ringing through my head. The last thing I remember her telling me before the explosion at the old facility, was how bad the outside world was. She told me that if I was out there, I would wish I could be here... and now, I'm here again... And it's awful. 'What's so bad about the outside world?'
     "In compliance with state and federal regulations, all testing candidates in the Aperture Science Extended Relaxation Center must be revived periodically for a mandatory physical and mental wellness exercise." The announcer's voice continued. I stared up at the ceiling, where it seemed the voice was coming from, and rose to my feet. After being asleep for a little over a few months, I wouldn't have minded a good stretch. Unfortunately, that was not what the announcer had in mind.
     "You will hear a buzzer. When you hear the buzzer, look up at the ceiling." A buzzer went off, and I cocked my head to the side in confusion, but tilted my head to look up. I winced, and loosened up my muscles. The pillow I was sleeping on for fifty days did not seem to do well for my neck. "Good. You will hear a buzzer. When you hear the buzzer, look down at the floor. " I repeated the process, letting my head roll down to look at the floor. "Good. This completes the gymnastic portion of your mandatory physical and mental wellness exercise.'Gymnastic? Oh yes, such a workout.'
      The more I looked around, the more I realized how dull the room looked, as If I really were in a hotel with cookie-cutter rooms in rows, back-to-back, and I began to wonder as I wandered over to the wall and gently brushed my hand across it, if there was anyone on the other side, performing the same 'gymnastic' exercise.
    "There is a framed painting on the wall. Please go stand in front of it." The announcer's voice knocks me out of my thoughts. I look around for a moment and located the painting the voice was referring to; a scenic painting depicting a landscape, right next to the bright window of a wall that provided all of the room's light. I slowly walked toward it, still trying to shake off the soreness that lingered in my muscles, and stood in front of the painting as instructed.  "This is art. You will hear a buzzer. When you hear the buzzer, stare at the art."
    It seemed easy enough. When the buzzer went off, I began to take in the details of the painting. It showed a small cabin off to the side of a glistening pond, surrounded by different sorts of trees. Pine, oak, and birch all were included in the forest surrounding the small body of water, and in the distance, was a towering mountain with snow-covered peaks, the sharp and jagged edges made dull by the haziness of distance. For a moment, I longed to be there. Free.
     "You should now feel mentally reinvigorated. If you suspect staring at art has not provided the required intellectual sustenance, reflect briefly on this classical music." I looked up from the landscape painting, as the speakers in the room began playing a soft, classic tune that flooded my ears. A smile found it's way onto my lips. 'I haven't heard music in so long...'
     I got too lost in the moment, gently swaying to the music, when another loud buzzer sounded, causing me to nearly jump out of my skin. 'Enough of the buzzers!' As if reading my mind, the announcer chimed, "Good. Now please return to your bed." My smile faded. I didn't want to go to bed just yet, so I thought I would look around the room. That's when I saw the door.
     It was a simple, white, rectangular door, with no notable features, but the one thing that stood out to me, was the simple fact that there was no handle. The door had no knob, lock, lever, button, nothing to open it, which lead me to believe that there was no way to leave, and so that left me with a single option. To return to bed and hope to be awaken in another fifty days, to repeat the exercise once more.
     I gently laid on the bed and covered myself with the blanket. The bed was not all that comfortable, but it drew me in like a pack of wolves, the jaws of sleep sinking into me, and everything was dark again...
          ___________________________________________

A/N] 
AWOOOOO I put alot more work into being descriptive in this one! I did cut some things from the original story out and add in some new things, but all in all, I'm more happy with this version so far. I want to provide a more vivid picture of what's happening.

Later on in the game, there are test chambers that lead up to events in the main story, but are mostly Chell figuring out how to solve puzzles. I want to figure out how to include those while staying true to the game, just not being so incredibly descriptive on each chamber.

Tell me what you think, and if you would rather have me cut those chambers out entirely so the story is not boring to read and will progress fasger, and as always, thanks for reading! I'll see you all in the next chapter! DELEECIOUS!