[Chapter Thirteen: DO NOT ENTER]

"Oh. Hi. So. How are you holding up-?" GLaDOS muttered coldly. The pit we found ourselves hurdling down was dark, cold, and seemingly never-ending. It was such a long fall, in fact, that I wondered whether my boots would even save me, as I stared down the hazy blue void. Snapping me out of my thoughts, was the snarky robot that was falling with me. "-BECAUSE I'M A POTATO."

I looked at the free-falling vegetable as a slow clap was emitted from her core. "Oh, good. My slow clap processor made it into this thing. So we have that." I stared at her, in wonder about how she could be making jokes at a time like this. This was a huge loss for both of us, after all. I guess it was just her way of staying positive, perhaps even trying to cheer me up as well. I would have talked to her, complained to her, about how betrayed I felt, but I simply couldn't find it in me.

"Since it doesn't look like we're going anywhere... Well, we are going somewhere. Alarmingly fast, actually. But since we're not busy other than that, here's a couple of facts," GLaDOS begun. "He's not just a regular moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived. And you just put him in charge of the entire facility." Another slow clap followed her dialogue. I frowned, holding tight to my gun and trying to curl in on myself as I fell.

"Good, that's still working. Hey, just in case this pit isn't actually bottomless, do you think maybe you could unstrap one of those long fall boots of yours and shove me into it?" I glared up at her. "Just remember to land on one foot..." I shook my head. "I don't think I'll even survive this fall anyways, so why should you?"

"So you're going to try to kill me a third time? Wonderful. Just know that I'll be your only ticket back up to the main facility once we get where we're going. You might want to think about that." Speaking while I was hurdling down at terminal velocity may not have been the best idea, and her voice faded out slightly as I struggled to remain conscious, and it all seemed to be over when my body slammed into a few wooden planks that blocked the way, but all I could do now was close my eyes and hope that I survived the fall.

I had reached the bottom. At least, I assumed that I had. I was cold. My whole body ached from head to toe, a searing pain. I felt as if I had torn every muscle I may have still had after sleeping for presumably thousands of years. I felt as if I was laying in a pool of ice cold water. I tried to open my eyes, but they were sealed shut. I tried to sit up, but felt as if I were paralyzed. It was like I was in some sort of dream state that I was unable to awake from.

I could see nothing, but I heard a faint whisper echoing around me. I could not make out the voice. It wasn't GLaDOS, it was far less automated, but it almost sounded like her. In fact, it sounded purely human. There was another voice echoing throughout the cold atmosphere, a man's voice. Not Wheatley, or the announcer; I had never heard this voice before. He, too, sounded entirely human.

The voices seemed to phase in and out. I could not make out what they were saying. I opened my mouth to speak, but no sound came out. I was beginning to wonder if the voices were not actually there, but in my head.

They were whispering to each other, seemingly having a very serious discussion. I could make out only bits and pieces of their conversation.

"Sir!" The woman cried. Her voice sounded tired, exasperated.

The man began coughing violently. "We don't have time to argue!" He rasped. "I've made my decision and the lab boys will see it through!"

"But sir, I don't want this!" The woman sounded afraid. Afraid for her life.