Chapter 9

"Hey Liv, what are you doing here?" Maddie asks. I try to keep my head low but the little boy keeps running up to hug my leg. I have to admit, he is really cute.

"Are you Liv?" The little boys asks and I slowly nod my head. "I'm Mateo, are you one of their friends?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I have no idea," I force a smile then stare at the two teenage boys in front of me. "So which one of you is Sebastian?"

"That would be me," the tall one chuckles as Maddie plays along. I'm so confused on what's going on here. "I'm just kidding, I'm Oliver. Nice to meet you," he grins.

"Uh, you too," I say unsurely. "Can I talk to Sebastian for a second?"

"Yeah, sure," Sebastian says, walking to a free corner with me trailing behind. "What's up girlie?" He smirks.

I roll my eyes. "Don't make it harder than it already is," I sigh, "Well, at the very least, you didn't lie about your age."

"What did you expect? For me to be a fifty year old man?" He says and I nod my head. "Like I told you on the phone, I'm really not a bad guy. And if it makes you feel better, all we did was meet up at my place and drive here for a drink."

At that exact moment, Mateo comes running up to Sebastian. "Maddie asks what do you want to order?" he says out of breath.

"I'll just get a water, thanks Mateo."

"Okay!" He says happily before skipping to the cashier counter.

"Now where was I-" Sebastian starts.

"It's fine," I give in, "I trust you, but one mistake you make to Maddie equals one mistake from my fist to your face, got it?"

He shakes his head and agree with a pinky promise. "You wanna join us for the rest of the time?"

"Depends, what are you up to?"

"I don't know, probably shoot some videos and hang out some more at my place," Sebastian says as I twiddle with my fingers. "You in?"

"Um, I guess-wait, what do you mean by videos?" I ask, not catching that last part.

"You'll see," he says with a deeper tone.

-

After about twenty minutes spent at Starbucks we head to some park that Sebastian really enjoys filming his videos in. "This is a great spot for a picture. Can you take it for me?" Sebastian asks me and I accept with the sound of a groan.

I take a few steps backwards holding the phones in my hands before Sebastian stops me. "Wait, that's a bad angle. I learned from past experiences. Can you take one from up there?" he asks referring to the tree branch.

"You're joking," I say.

"He's not," Mateo shakes his head.

"I'm not climbing up a tree just to take a picture for you. What are you an Instagram model?" I mock as Sebastian rolls his eyes at me. Oliver ends up taking the pictures for him with Maddie watching in the background while I played with Mateo.

"Do you like him?" Mateo asks causing me to furrow my brows.

"What?" I try to say in a friendly tone.

"Sebastian!"

I shake my head. "Why?"

"I don't know, you two talk a lot together!" He says, throwing leaves up in the air.

"Well, I hate to break it to you but he's not really my type."

He raises his brows. "I don't know what that means," Mateo replies, shrugging his shoulders and laughing.

"Good," I mumble.