Chapter 14

I've been currently sitting in a booth at Starbucks for over fifteen minutes with nothing to do. My phone was about to die from rushing Sebastian through text messages and the coffee in my cup is about to disappear in a few more sips.

As I about to call it quits, a hand taps on my shoulder. "Hey, sorry to keep you waiting," Sebastian says.

Finally.

"Do you know how long-" I pause, getting distracted from another familiar figure walking in the store. Oliver. "I thought you said to not bring anyone."

"No, I told you not to bring anyone," He clarifies making me raise an eyebrow. "Plus, I need a ride to get here."

I nod my head slowly. "You know taking the bus is a thing right?"

"I'm sorry, what?" He says avoiding my voice.

"Did you bring Mateo with you?" I ask.

"No, why?"

"I was hoping some good could come out of this," I say before blankly staring off into the distance. "So why are we here?" I question still looking out the window.

He rubs his chin, throwing down a piece of paper on the table. Written on it was a location near the beach. "What do you think?"

"You got to give me more than that."

"Maddie's birthday is coming," He mocks me like I didn't know my own friends birthday. I did not but that doesn't give him the right to make fun of me.

"I was thinking about throwing a small gathering of a few friends of her. That's why I called you here. Do you think you can round up a few of her friends?" Sebastian asks.

"You got me to come her just to say invite a couple of Maddie's friends?" I question. "You could've said that over the phone."

"Sorry, but I wanted a drink."

I roll my eyes. "Wait, isn't Maddie's birthday the 27th of this month?"

"No, it's the 29th," Sebastian corrects me.

"Are you sure?" I ask again.

He nods his head, "Well, more than you are."

I couldn't deny that.