Separated

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING! I just created a handful of characters for my own amusement.

Thank you all for giving this story a chance. I absolutely loved AQUAMAN and really wanted to write a story surrounding these characters and I wanted to explore Atlantis. I especially liked King Orm and think he might've made a great king if he had the right person with him.

If you enjoy this story, please check out other stories I've written. Winter Break is here so hopefully I'll update them more frequently!
_____________________________
Years went by and Orm grew stronger with the trident. He wished that he had his mother's trident, just so he had something of hers to remember her by. But when he asked Vulko, he was told that it was misplaced and most likely given away. Most of Atlanna's things were sent to the vaults until King Orvax decided what to do with them. Her jewelry were part of the royal family's Crown Jewels and kept with the rest of the family's treasures while her armor was kept in the royal armory. King Orvax made sure that no one was allowed to take it out for use. After the execution, the kingdom had mix feelings on what happened. Some thought that the King was justified and that the Queen's indiscretion earned her punishment. Others thought that the King acted out of wounded pride. Others didn't know what to make of it. It's easy to say what a person would do when they've never experienced that situation. All, however, grieved with the Crown Prince. To witness such a horrible death at such a young age must have been devastating for their Prince. But he carried himself with the dignity of true royalty. The loss of his mother was heartbreaking, but he had his friends and, for better or worse, he had his father.

Vulko watched his daughter grow alongside Orm with worry. Orvax's teachings were beginning to turn her compassionate heart away from everything Atlanna taught them about the surface. He also worried about Nerida's heart when it came to the prince. He watched them together and saw her smile brighten the room like the warm rays of light that shone through the sea. It was the same warm smile that once graced his wife's lips. He saw the adoration in her eyes when Orm wasn't looking and knew that if he didn't intervene soon, he would be picking up the pieces of her broken heart when Mera took her place by Orm's side. He needed to salvage this before it got away from him. He needed to speak to the king first.

He waited until the prince and his daughter left for their lessons to approach the king. "Your majesty," he bowed as the king examined maps of the surface.

"Yes, Vulko." He acknowledged without turning from his battle plans. "What is it?"

"I wish to discuss something of a personal nature." He waited patiently for the king give him his attention.

"Speak freely." He commanded.

"It's about my daughter..."

"Ah yes," the King's face softened a little, "She's a bright little lady. Are you looking for a betrothal? I've been thinking about it and I have some candidates who come from excellent families..."

"You are too generous, your majesty." Vulko kept a practiced smile. "But I believe that she's still too young yet. I was thinking more about her education."

The king chuckled. "Training her to take your place already? The Crown Prince will be so lucky to have such a talented advisor."

"You do my family a great honor." Vulko bower his head lightly. "I'm planning on sending her to the Fisherman Kingdom to study under the great philosophers and scientists."

"Those cowards?" He scoffed. "There's another reason besides her education, isn't there? Would it have to do with a certain red haired princess?"

"You are wise, your majesty." Vulko acknowledged. "I fear my daughter is becoming...too attached to the Crown Prince. I think a separation will be beneficial for the both of them. It'll give the Crown Prince and Princess Mera a better opportunity to bond."