Chapter 11:Dreaded Confrontation

Naruto's eyes widened in surprise, and a fierce blush crept across her face when she noticed that Sasuke's face was mere centimeters away from her own. Her whole body tingled when she realized that Sasuke was pressed down onto her – chest to chest, stomach to stomach, and his hands and legs were on either side of hers. And her kunai-holding hand was still around Sasuke's neck.

Sasuke stared down at Naruto's eyes and saw the intensity of emotions and thoughts that raced through the cerulean blue irises. He was rather… mesmerized by her eyes, then blushed a faint pink as he realized he was on top of her, and his lips were so close to hers. He stayed frozen, his heart rate increasing as he stared down at the blonde. His obsidian eyes took in the details of her face – the whisker marks, her unique blue eyes, the shape of her nose, the curve of her lips…

Naruto felt herself melting and her heart rate increasing as she looked into Sasuke's deep black eyes. At the same time, she felt somewhat sad to see that his eyes were so guarded and blank. She shut her eyes tightly and cleared her throat.

"Erm, Sasuke? Would you mind getting off me? You're pressing against my breasts, and it isn't really helping with the bindings and all."

Sasuke's haze cleared in a split second and he jumped up off her as if he'd been burned. He turned away from her and willed down his blush, and pretended to dust off his clothes. Naruto quickly jumped up as well and forced her blush down as she strode towards her genin team and Kakashi-sensei.

"Well," she said, ignoring Kakashi-sensei's meaningful and rather lecherous grin. A kage bunshin appeared beside her and walked off behind some bushes, and came back carrying a backpack. It set the backpack down and vanished. Eriko was the first to recover her voice.

"That was Awesome, Naruto-sensei!" she squealed. "You totally rock!"

Naruto shot her a grin. "I know."

The Hyuuga twins snorted in unison, and Naruto's grin widened. She plopped down onto the grass in front of them and dug out five bento boxes from her bag, and opened one. The smell of food wafted through the air, and the genin stared hungrily at the bento box. Naruto grinned evilly.

"What's the matter? Didn't you take your breakfasts?" she asked innocently, then plugged her ears as Eriko shouted shrilly at her about her instructions on skipping breakfast.

"That was just a suggestion!" Naruto defended herself. A snap of her fingers and the ropes around her genin fell away, and they stumbled forward, rubbing their arms where the ropes had been. Naruto handed them each a bento box and a pair of chopsticks, then stood up to give Kakashi-sensei one as well. The silver-haired jounin raised his eyebrow.

"I made extra, coz I thought I'd be hungry after the test," she explained. Kakashi took the bento.

"I didn't know you know how to cook, Naruto."

"Oh," she plopped back down onto the grass in front of her happily eating team and started on her own bento, "Iruka-tousan had Ayame-neechan teaching me, coz he said that every girl should know how to cook. Bah!"

Eriko looked up from her food. "Iruka-sensei? From the Academy? He's your otousan?" Even the Hyuuga twins looked up.

Naruto shook her head with her mouth full of rice. She swallowed, then explained, "Nope! He's my sort of adopted father. He kinda looks after me a little, and nags lot, so I call him Iruka-tousan." She grinned as Eriko laughed and the Hyuuga twins cracked a small smile.

Sasuke came back to the posts and marched up to Kakashi, who had finished his food in record time as usual and was currently giggling in his book, seemingly not realizing that the genin were giving him disturbed looks every now and then.