Chapter 4

Rose forgives Alec for getting her into his mess

As Alec stood in the doorway to the bar, flowers in one hand and chocolates in the other, Rose closed the distance between them and went up to him, smelling the flowers and looking at the box of chocolates, which looked expensive to her. After all, he did say he would also take her out to dinner so it might be worth her while and maybe she could string him along and get more chocolates out of him and the odd dinner date. She looked at him as he held the flowers out to her and as she took them, put her other arm around him and kissed his cheek, whispering, she would make this look good and he owed her big time.

"Alec, I'm sorry too, oh, you know these are my favourite flowers and those chocolates look really nice. Do you want to go to my room and share them and maybe something else? These flowers need to be put in some water so don't hang around and then we can make up."

Alec was kind of hoping for something a bit more spectacular than that but it would have to do. She wasn't finished though as she put the flowers down, took the chocolates and put them down, flung her arms around him and planted a sloppy kiss on his lips, a real one that Alec hadn't expected and he was being held firmly in place by her arms and instinctively, his arms went around hers as they both got a little carried away to the sound of clapping in the background.

Alec let her go, picked up the flowers and handed them to her then picked up the chocolates and they walked out arm in arm, a big smile on his face. They were out of sight when he handed her the chocolates and as soon as they were upstairs, Alec escorted Rose to her door to make it look good if anyone had followed them and thanked her for going along with it.

"Well, thanks for that, you really got me out of a mess and if you'll allow me, I'd really like to take you out to dinner tonight. Can I call for you at seven? I made a reservation for seven thirty."

"Wow, you really meant that? Most men never keep their promises. You really didn't have to but I suppose it will look good and if we're not seen going out, you may end up with the same problem. Ok, I'll go along on one condition."

Alec was willing to go to any lengths to make up for his stupidity. "Just name it and you only have to be seen with me at dinner, you don't have to come for breakfast at the same time except maybe Sundays if that's what you're going to ask."

"Actually I was going to say don't expect me to kiss you like that every time, that was a one off special so don't get any ideas. Next time it will be a peck on the cheek if anyone's around. Oh, and don't think you can get me drunk and try anything, I know how to look after myself."

"I don't doubt it, you working in a Police station, what exactly do you do there?"

"I'll tell you over dinner, you're supposed to be my boyfriend after all," she laughed. "See you at seven then." She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and added, "Better get used to that I suppose." She smiled and went into her room.

Alec was a little taken aback, especially the kiss in front of everyone, he'd never been kissed like that since before he'd first met his ex wife, he could get used to that. Now he had established a cover for him being there and a girlfriend, he could relax and enjoy his holiday and he might get to spend some time with Rose at the weekend, if she was serious but she may have other plans, she only had to be seen going out of the hotel with him, not spend all day with him. Still, it wouldn't be too bad.

ooooooooo{silversurfer60}ooooooooo

Rose had quite a productive day, nosing around the Gracepoint Police department. She hadn't supposed to have started work until next week but had spent a little time getting to know some of the staff there and being shown her desk. She had to keep up the pretence of her being appointed their new public liaison officer, not quite what she was used to but at a pinch, she could get by. What was possibly going to happen in a small seaside town like this one? There again, she had read about that horrible murder of a young boy in that small town in Dorset so anything could happen really.