Justifying Emotions - Part 12

*Note : Hello everyone! Happy New Year. 
Sorry for having made you wait so long. Life's been hectic these past days.
Thanks to everyone who are still sticking around. Happy reading. 

______________________________________

Part 12:

Both Bela and Mahir were still holding other, lost in their own thoughts. His heart was beating so fast, he swore that if it was beating any faster, it would jump out of his chest, while she felt her legs weaken, so much, she knew they would let her down if she didn't lean on him for the support.

They both knew where they came from and felt that they have been skipping steps in their relationship. They jumped from being cordial, to being on talking terms and to be this close.
They knew something changed between them and they needed to know either it was for the better or the worst. From their guts, they knew it was for the best, but they were just two confused souls who didn't know how to handle these feelings, for they were both inexperienced when it came to love. 

Bela's head was rested on his chest, while his hands were on her waist, and she could hear his frantic heartbeats. This brought a smile on her face. She was glad to know she wasn't the only one being affected by their proximity.

Mahir, on the other side, was also relishing every second passing  holding her and he realized he might as well just keep doing so till forever. To hell with the talking! They had done enough in hurting each other. It was seriously clear enough they both were deeply and madly in love with each other. The happenings of the last few days were an eye opener for him. They were confirmations to his uncertainty. He was now damn sure he was irrevocably in love with his wife. He had suggested they talked because he knew she was confused about his behaviours and he wanted to be honest with her and make everything right. He was also aware, she too wanted to clear out things and tell him everything about Rehaan and he owed her that atleast, after all his allegations.

Bela could feel his arms loosen and feel the lost of his warmth as Mahir started to pull away. Before she could utter a word, the warmth was back, for he held her chin with a hand while the other was pressed against the wall she was leant against. Bela shivered as she realized he was getting closer and closed her eyes. She could feel his breath her lips, she tightened her hold on his arms.

Mahir was serious when he thought the talking could go to hell. Why waste time talking when he could just show her how much he loved and wanted her ? Well yes they would eventually get to the talking but they'd do it … after this. He smirked seeing her closed her eyes and licked her lips close, and knew she wanted it too. He stopped at less an incj of her lips and took in beauty. He was mesmerized! He grabbed her necked and was about to close the remaining distance between them, when the door was shoven abruptly, making them jumped apart as if the other was on fire.

“Bela yaar I've been looking...” Rehaan started and then turned around immediately. ‘‘Woh … I am sorry . I didn't know you two were … I mean I thought Mahir wasn't here ... I mean …’’

Bela and Mahir were red with embarrassment but also really angry. Bela was the one to snap first.

“What the hell Rehaan? Can't you knock before entering someone's room like this ?”

“How was I supposed to know he was here? I wanted to see you! ” he snapped back and they both stared at each other angrily.

“Oh . So you wanted to see her? Alone? I am here because this is my room too.” Mahir pointed out annoyingly, having back their attentions.

Bela and Rehaan realized what he implied and she cursed Rehaan for it.

‘‘Yes! No ! I mean yes and no. ’’ Rehaan justified, then he closed his eyes pinching his nose bridge. He was exhausted and couldn't think clearly anymore. “Look, I am sorry for intruding like this. I should have knock, it is my mistake. But I was in such a hurry to talk to Bela. Oh come on dude, don't look at me like that. I wanted to talk to you too, but it would have suited me better if I could talk to her alone first. But hey you are both here now so why not hit two birds with one stone?”

Mahir was confused by his blabbering but  Bela knew something was wrong and took a step towards her.

“Rehaan what's wrong? ”

“Everything.” Rehaan said sadly, running a hand through his hair. He then turned to Mahir and looked at him pointedly.

“I need to tell you something.”

‘‘Rehaan, I didn't get to tell him anything yet.”

‘‘Then let me. It is my story to tell.’’

Mahir was absolutely confused about what was happening and could clearly see the concern in Bela's eyes. He knew better than to come to hasty conclusions and decided to hear him out.

“Why don't we take a seat and when you tell us what you need tell me and what you need to tell Bela too?!”

Rehaan took a deep breath and went on telling him everything. From the time Bela and him grew up together and became best friends to when his parents died. He explained why he didn't want anyone to know how he was acquainted with Bela and felt stupid about it. Bela held his hand tightly while he was narrating his past but now Mahir could see things differently. He could now put a word on the love they shared . It was a friendly and brotherly love and he felt ashamed for having mistaken it into something else. Rehaan also made it clear to him Anu had no friends who were a doctor, that everything was a lie and explained why she behaved like this. Mahir was shocked to know she was this obsessed with her and couldn't say a word.

“Anu is my sister and I want what is best for her . But she herself can't see the difference between what's good and what's not. There is no problem with being in love with someone. But it is wrong if you want to force it on the person or hurt the people around him . That is exactly what she is doing here. She doesn't realize you do not love her and that you are already married. She is being selfish and I am sorry about that.” 

They were plunged into heavy silence when Rehaan finished his speech. Mahir was still lost in his thoughts while Rehaan was relieved a part of the weight was lifted of his heart. Bela kept looking down, still clenching Rehaan's arm tightly and was anxious about how her husband would react after hearing all this.

“There's no problem being in love with someone.” Mahir repeated his words and both Bela and Rehaan stared at him. ‘‘Anu told me she was sure you were in love with someone, and about that she was lying, for I did the certainty in her eyes.’’

Both Bela and Rehaan tensed at this.

“Who are you in love with, Rehaan?” Mahir asked.

Rehaan felt like a thief caught red-handed and felt his throat tighten. Instead of replying, he turned to face his best friend, for she was the only person he could seek comfort from, and looked at her with panicky eyes.

‘‘Bela, Kuhu thinks I am in love with you! ’’

Bela stared at him with wide eyes but then remembered her husband was also in the room and looked at him. She could see confusion all over his face and then realisation dawned upon him, leaving him shocked with his mouth open.