38: I Don't Want To Lose You

A/N: Heyooo i think the story involving Mark took a lot of turns especially now that he's confessed. I think I'm just going to let it go??? and see what'll come to mind once the story ends. hingggg i'm particularly bad at story endings but i will try to write what i can T.T

-Hyerin

--

"And yeah, it's so ironic seeing as the one who had the power to make people fall in love, fell in love." Mark drifted, looking outside the window with a soulful look in his eyes. He seemed sad, unlike the joyful person he really is. Kay continued to stare at him, being bewildered at the whole situation and not being able to respond.

"I mean," Mark looked down, a sad smile coursing his lips which Kay could see. "I don't expect anything, I just wanted to get this feeling off my chest you know? It's been almost a month and a half since we went to school together and before the world ends or something, I just wanted you to know." He ended, looking back at Kay who now had a sorry look in her eyes.

Mark and Kay hung out in school everyday with Areum, if she wasn't so busy. The three were practically the best of friends within the time they were together. Nothing could separate the three of them apart. Every time Mark encountered something interesting at class, it would always attract Kay and Areum's ears. And vice versa.

It wasn't a surprise that one would fall in love all of a sudden.

"I- I'm really sorry, Mark." Kay whispered, not having the courage to say it out loud. She shook her head and closed her eyes, releasing a shaky breath. Once she opened her eyes, she was greeted by the smile on Mark's face.

"It's okay. Although I do have something to ask though." Mark said, a now hopeful smile playing on his lip.

"Yeah sure, shoot." Kay said, breaking into a smile to return to Mark.

"Can we stay as friends?" Mark asked, tilting his head to the side a little and held out both his hands in front of him as fists. Kay leaned in to the table and fist bumped his fists, breaking out into a happier smile.

"Of course you dumbo."

--

It was already nearing six o'clock. The skies were a little bit of orange and most of dark blue. Mark and Kay spent the whole afternoon outside, taking slow walks at the park and talking about the most bizarre things possible.

"But seriously, what would you do if the world ended? or if some kind of mysterious force happened to destroy everything but, we could stop it." Mark asked as he walked beside Kay, kicking the small pebbles he could come across.

"You're making me run out of words here. Ugh, probably try and stop it I guess? I would be deemed useless if I didn't even use my powers." Kay shrugged, putting her thumbs through the holes of the sling of her backpack.

"Have you taken a hold of them now? They're quite a lot, you know." Mark asked and turned to Kay, then gazing at her arms where the marks were slightly visible to the eye.

"Yeah, they're coming along well." Kay said and stretched her arms in front of her. Granted the power of twelve wasn't easy.

"Oh, this is it." Kay stopped walking and looked at the house with no lights on. I guess they're still working... Mark stopped beside her and looked at the house as well.

"Are your parents home?" He asked, looking left and right if there were any people inside.

"Nope. My brothers aren't home yet either." Kay said, starting to unlock the gate when Mark asked, "Your brothers?"  

"Well uhm, one relative and eleven of his brothers." Kay slowly said and scratched her head at the difficulty of trying to relay the information of living with twelve people.