1. Accident

The Avengers stepped into the common room of the penthouse (Pretend the tower was never sold), celebrating a hard-earned victory.

"Oh man, those new functions you installed into the suit are awesome Mr. Stark! They really came in handy tonight. Especially when this one guy that was trying to hit me and I shot the electric webs at him. The look on his face when it disabled his gun- ha! And then he got tazed, and he was flopping like a fish.", Peter chatted off, mimicking the movements.

"Kid?", Sam asked. "Hm?", Peter responded, turning towards him. "Shhhh.", Wilson silenced, placing a finger to his mouth. "Hm.", the teen whined, sitting down.

"Well, I think this calls for a celebration.", Tony suggested with a clap of his hands. The group cheered with him. "Fri?", he asked offhandedly. "Already done, boss."

Twenty minutes later, after the adults had already gotten their drinks, and Peter his soda, the pizzas arrived and the team dug in.

"So, Pete," Steve began after finishing half of a pie, "how's school?"

Parker shrugged nonchalantly. "S'ok. Could be better, could be worse." "Yeah? Classes holding up well?", Tony, who was sitting right next to him, asked. Peter nodded. "We finally finished The Great Gatsby in English." "Thank god; I hated that book.", Stark remarked, having another bite.

"You actually read it?", Clint retorted in disbelief. "Y'know, contrary to popular opinion, I DID do some of my classwork. In the few years I spent in school.", Stark responded with a roll of his eyes. Peter chuckled lightly, watching the back and forth. "Yeah? Think I could borrow some of your old essays?", Peter asked with a mischievous grin.

"Nah. Even if I were to condone cheating in English because, trust me, I understand the reasoning, those fossils of papers have been lost in the sands of time.", Tony retorted. "They weren't that good anyway. I'm a man of science, not literature."

"Oh.", the teen deflated slightly. "But hey, you need help with homework, I'd be more than happy to assist. Just ask; and not the class before, you doofus.", Stark commented, ruffling Peter's hair, getting it out of the gelled style. Parker chuckled with a soft grin. "I just might.

Thanks Dad."

The room instantly went quiet, as if someone had flipped a switch or snapped their finger. Peter turned red as a tomato, eyes flicking around in a panic. 'Dad?', Tony mouthed, before realizing the teen was already up.

"Pete, wait," Tony tried as the boy literally ran and yote himself out a window because he would rather do that and face the injuries than deal with that situation. That was a whole bottle of nope right there.

The team's collective gaze turned from the now broken window to Tony, who just sat there, covering a dopey grin with his hand. That...gave him a swell of happiness he did not expect.

After the man bit down his smile, he muttered, "Call Peter. Make sure it gets through." to his AI. After a moment, the boy answered, albeit nervously. "H-hey."

"Hey, Underoos. How you feeling?", Tony asked, grin turned to sh*t-eating. "Uh, alright?" Peter was clearly confused. "Well, I just figured that you might've hurt yourself. Jumping through windows and all that.", Stark retorted, making sure his tone was lighthearted. He could feel the anxiety coming off this kid.

Well, his kid might be a more appropriate reference now.

"I-I, uh...", Peter trailed off, clearly speechless for once in his life.

Tony gave an airy laugh. "Kid, I'm not mad. Far from it, actually." "...Yeah?" "Yep.", the billionaire father-figure responded, popping the 'p'. "Honestly, I'm happy you would want to call me your father. Maybe I'm doing this mentor thing right." He laughed at that. "I'm terrified about messing up, but also happy."

"Mr. Sta-" "Nope.", Tony cut off. "Huh? Mr.-" "Nuh uh. We have stepped all the way up to 'Dad' and now I will not accept any less.", Tony teased. Peter laughed a little with him. "Dad,", he started slowly, testing out the waters.

"Of course you're doing good with the whole mentoring thing. The best, I might argue, but I'm a little biased.", Peter remarked. The two laughed again softly. Tony could faintly hear the thwip of Peter's web shooters. He was swinging through the city.

"Headed home?" "Yep. It's getting pretty late, and Aunt May's gonna be mad if she gets one more call about me being tardy because I slept in." "Probably for the best. Night kiddo."

He could hear Peter landing at his windowsill. "Night, Dad.", Peter muttered before going offline.

Tony turned back to the team, noting that Barton had pulled his phone out. "Awww.", Lang gushed from the other side of the line.

"Not. A. Word.", Tony demanded, walking out with the confidence of a celebrity on the red carpet.

"One of us! One of us!", Barton and Lang shouted after the man. They were not going to let this opportunity pass them.