6. Ultimate Bragging

When the Avengers first met Peter Parker, the only thing that had diffused the idea that he was Stark's was the different last names.

Seriously, when it came to Peter, Tony gave off serious helicopter/proud parent vibes. Like, report card on the fridge type vibes. And so, it really came to no one's surprise when it happened.

It was acceptance/rejection season, but while Peter was slightly nervous, he trusted Tony's letter of recommendation. He knew the pull it could give, for more than one reason.

And so, when he saw the letter from MIT, Peter texted Tony to come to the apartment immediately. He wanted to open it with him and May. Less than fifteen minutes later, he heard a suit land on the rooftop. "Where's the fire?", Tony remarked. "Why do you always assume there's a fire, Mr. Stark?" "Because you're a little arsonist. I've seen the way you look at 'em."

Rather than answer, Peter just showed him the envelope and opened the door. "Hey Aunt May.", the greeted. "Guess what we got in the mail today?", Tony greeted. The woman, who was attempting dinner, whirled around. The energy coming off her matched her nephew. Nervous and excited simultaneously.

"Well?", she prompted, which made the teen practically destroy the envelope to get out the letter. Tony gave an amused, confident chuckle.

The two pseudo-parents watched with a smile that matched Peter's.

Even when it faded.

"What's wrong, kiddo?", Tony asked gently.

"We...regret to inform you...", the teen read aloud, making May's shoulders fall. "Oh baby.", she cooed, pulling him into a hug. The teen dropped the letter and started to quietly cry in his aunt's shoulder. Tony quickly followed suit, hugging Peter from behind, using a hand to run through his curls to comfort him. "I'm sorry kiddo. These schools are filled with smart people that make stupid decisions. Hell, that's where I learned it from.", he comforted, making the teen laugh humorlessly. "You said it, not me."

Smiling tightly, Tony pulled apart and took the letter, reading it. The sadness in his eyes grew shot to anger quickly, and he dialed the number given. The family couldn't hear the other side of the line.

"Hello? Yes, I'm calling in regards to the reason you decided to reject Peter Benjamin Parker? Because the letter of recommendation I wrote for him is 110% authentic and legitimate. Yes, I actually know him! Why is that so hard to believe. He's the best kid I could ever ask for. I love him like a son. Hell, he is my son. Well you can run this call by the board, can't you? Uh huh, get on that." Tony Stark frustratedly hung up, only for his back to get a bunch of teen.

"You meant it?", Peter mumbled, wrapping his arms around Tony's neck. God, that kid was light.

"Every word.", Tony answered truthfully. Peter set his face on Tony's shoulder, getting a head full of curls.

"Love you too, Dad."

*And that's the end. If you liked this, feel free to check out some of my other stuff! I'd really appreciate it.*