Part One- Aurologist

Draco Malfoy x Reader

Warnings: None

A/N: This takes place during Sixth year, I expect it to have about five parts? This is my first series I'm writing and i have it all plotted out I'm very excited I hope you enjoy!

Word Count: 1.4k

King's Cross Station was filled with Muggles and Wizards alike, the air smelt like rain but luckily none had come just yet. Grabbing your things, you made your way to the train, a bit early but a lot of the seats were taken up already.

Walking down the aisles you spotted what you thought was an empty train compartment. You cautiously peered in making sure your suspicion was right, but it was not. As you quickly looked in you noticed a familiar head of platinum blonde hair sat alone.

You were in no way friends with Draco not even acquaintances, but you knew of him enough to know on train rides he was usually surrounded by friends. Loudly and proudly gloating about his summer or his family's riches and respect. You kept walking to the compartment beside his, you noticed something was off so you sat in the seat that only held a wall between the two of you.

Over the summer you spent a lot of time alone, you were quite the night owl, some days you spent at the beach with friends but at night you stayed up until the morning hours and slept late into the afternoon.

The reasoning behind your bazar sleeping schedule, which you still haven't managed to fix yet, was because you had spent the summer secretly becoming an Animagus, you failed multiple times but just a week ago you had finally completed it.

You loved learning obscure areas of magic that other people didn't bother with. Your newest one was becoming an Aurologist, which is someone who can read the general aura around a person and decipher their mood.

As you sat in your seat you placed your hands on the wall behind you turning to face it, Draco was sat on the other side, you couldn't help being nosey and trying to read his aura. You weren't very good and it was hard to do through a wall but you could sense uneasiness maybe? Sadness with a mixture of fear, when you finally felt his aura you had a feeling shoot through you like you could feel what he was feeling it was chilling, you jumped back from your seat standing up.

What was he so scared about? Your thoughts were interrupted by the compartment door opening. "Y/n, hey mind if we sit in here?" Ron Weasley walked in Hermione and Harry right behind him.

You turned to face them realizing you were randomly standing in the middle of the compartment, you started fumbling with your luggage to look occupied.

"Oh of course!" You smiled as Hermione sat beside you. You were talking about the textbooks and school, when you heard Draco's compartment open and close Harry heard it too looking up and watching.

You saw Harry pull out a weird looking fabric "I'll be right back." Harry grabbed the fabric and left with no explanation, you noticed it wasn't out of character for Harry to be doing strange things so you ignored it. When it came time to leave the train Harry had still not come back but you saw Draco leaving the train so you figured Harry is probably somewhere else.

You weren't close with anybody really at Hogwarts, you were liked by everybody so you could really fit into any group you felt like, when you wanted a friend one was easy to find but you preferred to be alone most of the time.

As you walked back to the castle alone, having lost Hermione and Ron as well you decided to eavesdrop on student conversations.

"Draco's a bit temperamental today." You heard a younger Slytherin comment quietly to another.

"Isn't he always like that?" The other asked.

"Well, yeah but his father just got sent to Azkaban didn't you hear? He's going to be even worse this year." The Slytherin sounded scared as he spoke, Draco had quite the reputation.

You kept walking, maybe Draco was just scared and sad because of his dad? That makes sense, you quickly forgot about it when the castle came into view, it never failed to take your breath away.

You looked at all the open space, imagining turning into your Animagus form and flying freely, your hope sank just as quickly as it had risen when you remembered you weren't a registered Animagus. Well you guessed you could find some secretive spaces to fly or at least during night.

Your Animagus form was very rare, you don't get to pick your form so you didn't even know what you were right away. You turned into a brightly coloured purple and pink small bird, which you later found out was called a 'Fwooper', a magical bird Native to Africa and your high pitched song could drive people insane. Your feathers could be used as quills and the normal birds have to be purchased with silencing charms, you can even find one in the front window of Magical Menagerie in Diagon Alley.

-

When you got to your room you greeted your friends who you had shared quarters with your whole time here, you considered them your closest friends in the school, they respected that you liked to be alone and you knew wouldn't ask questions when you stayed up late into the night acquiring a new magical skill. You couldn't ask for better roommates, although Hufflepuff house was one of the best houses to find loving and nonjudgmental people.

Since it was the first day back there was no classes or homework to worry yourself with, after dinner you read your newest book on magical auras, since you had already used the skill once you figured it's a useful one. When your roommates went to bed you slid out of your room closing the door softly behind you.

Making sure the hallway was cleared you walked in the HufflePuff common room and shifted into your Fwooper form, what a stupid word you thought to yourself. The Hufflepuff common room, located just by the kitchens so they ceilings were high and there was a stairwell that went quite high allowing access to the kitchens from all floors easily, the moving stair cases could be such a hassle, especially to a hungry wizard.

Flying high up the stairs, paying mind to make sure nobody was there, and nobody was for about the first five minutes until you heard someone enter the space you saw a head of platinum hair shine in the darkness.

What is it with this boy? You spend six years without him even learning your name and now you had two weird interactions with him in one day. Well they didn't really count as interactions when he was unaware of them.

Draco stood there for a moment before he ran up the stairs, you flew up staying a floor above him at all times in the winding stairwell until he stopped at the fifth floor making his way to what you knew as the prefect bathroom, he muttered a password and you flew in quickly after him.

He walked up to the mirror breathing heavily, he was clearly stressed out and upset and you didn't need to read his aura to know that. He splashed water on his face and then fell to the floor with his face in his hands, this boy was an entire mess.

You watched from shadows hoping your bright colours hid well. He stayed for a bit, calming down until he left the washroom, you followed him out again so you wouldn't get trapped in there and watched him make his way back to his room and you did the same.

When you made your way back to your room you were plagued with guilt for being so nosey and watching all of that occur, maybe he needed a friend or a hug but neither of those things he wanted from you.

You sat in your bed and looked to a stack of letter paper you had and decided to write him an anonymous letter to hopefully make him feel better. Your writing was quite messy so you spent hours into the night perfecting the font.

The letter simply read. "I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I can see it's really affecting you. You don't know me and you didn't see me, but you're not as alone as you feel. Reach out and I'm sure someone will give you a hand."

You then charmed it so it would be brought to him in the morning and made sure there was no trace back to you. Unsure and worried of his reaction you finally went to sleep; you would have to keep an eye on him tomorrow to see if he got it.