Part 5 - Cherry Chapstick

Draco Malfoy x Reader

Warnings: the word FUCK, that is all

Word Count : 1.9k

"So what's it like to be a death eater?" You ask, a bright smile on your face even though it's way too early in the morning to be this happy, well at least for Draco.

"Y/N, we are in surrounded by other students can you be quieter please." He hushed you, motioning with his hands like as he pushed his hands down in the air your inner volume would be supressed.

"Sorry, I'm just nosey." You replied only a tad quieter than before.

"Yeah that personality trait has been very clearly established." He jokingly glared at you but couldn't hold it, which was weird since his facial expressions towards people were usually very dreary and mean but when he saw you smiling, like being nosey was a compliment, he couldn't help but let his façade break.

"Also it's not the most cheery of topics to start our morning." He added.

Before you could respond a familiar trio made their way over to you. "Morning Y/n, is Malfoy bothering you?" Ron spoke with a spite filled tone. Their relationship was weird, you were friends with both now , well you assumed Draco considered you a friend. Neither was really in the wrong, it was all based on the way they were raised and the path that was laid before them in Hogwarts You knew Draco was mostly in the wrong from the way he has acted and treated people but you believed he was more than that, it was a defence mechanism.

"Not at all, we are just chatting." You stated like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Malfoy? Chatting? I didn't know he could hold a civilized conversation." Ron continued as Hermione and Harry watched with proud smiles on their faces from their friends words.

"You think I'm uncivilized? Have you seen yourself or your family for that matter, my family is the epitome of wizard class and you think I can't hold a conversation?" Draco spat back defensively.

"Maybe he was questioning if you could have a conversation without being rude." Hermione countered.

"It depends on who I'm talking to." Draco said as he walked through the group leaving you there with the confused trio.

"So, you and Draco and friends now?" Harry asked, no judgment in his tone but a bit of confusion.

"Can you think of anyone in the school she's not friends with or at least friendly towards?" Hermione said, in her usual tone like she knew the answer to her own question.

"No, I can't really think of any, I would say Filtch but there was that one time he caught us up late and she got us out of trouble with him, she could probably befriend a death eater or even Voldemort if she tried." Ron said nodding his head after he spoke as if he was agreeing with his own words.

"Ha, well maybe my friendliness doesn't extend that far." You awkwardly laughed and made your way to the Hufflepuff table.

You noticed Draco sitting across the great hall and tried to make eye contact with him and smile, but he wore a frown as he stared at nothing, deep in thought.

When you were done eating you meant to go talk to Draco but he was already gone, if he wasn't in a good mood you hoped he would seek comfort from you, but he would probably shut himself away.

Draco wasn't used to having a friend he could talk to and seek help from so when he got upset over the very obvious opinion people had about the two of you he closed himself off. Draco went to class and avoided everywhere you would be. He was doing good until the two of you had Potions together again.