Part 11 - Aftermath

Draco Malfoy x Redaer

Warnings: None, a tad of angst, Draco being sad and then a bit of an idiot ...so the usual.

Word Count: 2.1k

After the news spread that Dumbledore was dead a lot of students left Hogwarts, angry and scared parents came to collect their kids and bring them home where they deemed it to be safe, in reality there was no safe place. Hogwarts used to be considered the safest place but now that Dumbledore was gone that was no longer true.

You feared for your friends, especially the ones who weren't purebloods, they had a target on their backs with the rising of the Death Eaters and Voldemort. A lot of non purebloods were pulled from Hogwarts, simply because there blood status was a known thing at Hogwarts, it was like leaving them in a trap for Voldemort to come easily collect.

A lot of people went into hiding too, scared to be seen although attendance at Hogwarts was now made obligatory by the Ministry. If you didn't send your child to Hogwarts it would be seen as an act of rebellion against the Ministry, putting yet another target on your back. You were pureblood, which did not necessarily mean you were perfectly safe but it did mean you were safer than most. You decided to say at Hogwarts, at least for the funeral like most did your parents wouldn't dare let you stay home you thought.

After the funeral service you were sat waiting for the others with Hermione. You expected Harry to hate you, blame you, but he knew where your heart lied and what happened was simply out of everybody's control. He didn't mention anything of that night again.

"Y/N, we are leaving after this, you know." Hermione admitted to you sadly.

"Well I assumed you would, and Harry. But where will you go, where is there safe to hide?" You questioned thinking of a place free from Death Eaters, maybe Canada.

"We aren't running away? Have you met us!" She half joked.

"I guess I wasn't thinking, I just...just be careful I know you guys are planning something. Not the type to stay here and follow rules, whatever you're doing good luck. If you need anything just ask."

"We can ask Y/N for help or Y/N and Draco?" She teased but was sort of serious.

"You can trust me, we aren't one person, I have a mind of my own."

"Yeah a mind that's madly in love and would do anything to protect Draco."

"Hey, I'd do the same for you." You admitted honestly.

"I know you would, that's why you're so likable, so much love and kindness and you have no fear of running out, you give and give, I just hope Draco doesn't take too much from you." She said placing a hand over yours caringly.

"He won't, don't worry about me. I will be fine here I don't have quite as big of a target on my back." Hermione stood up as the others walked towards you, grief written on their faces, deep in thought.

Before they reached you she whispered so they wouldn't hear. "Is that why you're sleeping with a Death Eater, for safety?" She smiled but only so you could see and raised an eyebrow , you couldn't laugh or yell or argue, you just let your mouth drop and tried to yell at her with your eyes, she just looked away and took Ron's hand walking ahead of you.

The whole group stopped and talked about anything else, trying to get their minds off what just took place. Molly Weasley started talking about the upcoming wedding of Fleur and Bill, although Bill was injured the other night it was still happening.

"You kids are all still coming yes?" Molly asked as cheerily as she could.

"Yeah mum we will be there." Ron answered in a monotone voice and continued his conversation with his friends.