Part 8 - Sectumsempra Spell

Draco Malfoy x Reader

Warnings: a little angst, some blood and fighting, this chapter features a shortened version of the bathroom fight between Harry and Draco in hbp

Word Count: 2.3 k

You promised yourself and Draco that you would be there for him, this was the hardest thing you would ever have to do in your life but for Draco you would do anything. You had never felt so close to someone and you didn't want to lose that, even if you and Draco never became more than just friends you would still be doing your best to help him. As you sat in the hallway before Potions you watched him, he was flipping through his book anxiously, you could tell something was wrong but you couldn't ask him because you were surrounded by other students.

You just waited to be let into class and hoped no one like Potter would walk by and try to start something, scared of how Draco would react. You continued to watch him, his blonde hair slightly out of place from his hand running through it and his face flustered a light pink from his anxiousness, you grabbed his hand and rubbed your thumb soothingly, telling him you were there with him. As you made your way into class you thought about how far you would go for Draco, would you kill for him? Would you be willing to die for him or with him? What scared you was how easily you answered those, yes.

As Draco flipped through his book you looked over his shoulder to read what he was stressing over, it was a bunch of handwritten spells, all very dark ones based on the names you recognized with specialized notes in someone else's messy handwriting. You pulled on his arm getting his attention and he looked over to you closing the book.

"What?" He asked quietly.

"What is that?" You said trying to take the book to look at it but he pulled it away.

"It's, nothing I." He paused and looked at you, sadness in his eyes. "I'm going to have to show you later."

He didn't want those words to come out because truthfully he didn't want you to know these spells but he had thought about it all night, it might come down to you needing to know them, for your own protection because since you weren't leaving him and you were sticking by his side he needed to make sure you were safe there.

"Okay." You said, forcing a smile on your face so he knew you weren't upset with him.

-

Later that night Draco took you to the edge of the forbidden forest, a place he knew no one would be at this time. You stood in front of him and he held the book in his hands waiting for the courage to bring yet another burden upon you.

"I'm worried about you. I'm scared to lose you, and since you have made your own choice, to stick by me." He stopped talking as tears gathered in his eyes, you grabbed his hands in yours reassuringly. "I need to know that you can keep yourself safe, if I fail to." He said looking into your eyes.

You tried your best to lighten the situation even though you knew full well the gravity of his words.

"Are you trying to say I'm not a competent witch?" You teased making him smile slightly.

"No, I know you are smart, much smarter than me, I know you are strong and caring and beautiful and this angel filled with light that keeps me sane." He said now smiling genuinely.

You pulled his head down and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"What, was that not worth an actual kiss?"

"I didn't want to occupy your lips, in case you had more compliments to say."

"Oh, I could complement you all day. But we have serious stuff to do."