Chapter 15//The Truth will Set You Free

Chapter 15

The front door swung open, catching the demo-dog's attention. The beast raised his head to whoever stood in the front door, easing the weight on Steve.

"Holy! Fucking! Shit!" Steve heard a familiar boyish voice yell from the doorway.

Steve felt a mix of relief  and anxiety over take him. Billy could help him, but at the cost of knowing about Steve's biggest secret.

The demo-dog growled at Billy. Steve, without seeing, could tell that Billy was frozen in shock. Steve began to pound of the paws holding him down, trying to divert it's attention, and soon it's weight lifted off of him.

He took in a deep breath,wasting no time, and pulled himself off of the floor. Blood rushed to his head making him feel woosy.

"Harrington!" Billy yelled from where he stood, cornered by the beast.

Steve's attention snapped to Billy. He picked up is bat from where he dropped it and ran to the demo-dog. With a war cry, he began whacking it's back, over and over.

The black goo gushed from it's body, and soon it fell-lifeless-to the floor. Billy watched on in awe as Steve transformed into this warrior version of himself.

Once the beast breathed it's last breath, Steve wiped his face with the sleeve of his jacket, and went to run up the stairs. Billy, feeling forgotten and completely freaked out, ran after him.

"Wait, Steve! What the hell is going on?" Billy asked Steve's back as they ascended the stairs.

Steve ignored him; too focused on the kids.

"Dude, what the hell?!" Billy tried again, attempting to catch up to his class mate.

Steve bee-lined it to a room with a closed door and knocked softly. Billy watched in silence, for once, wondering if there was another monster behind the door; he got into a fighting stance, just in case.

"Mike, it's me," Steve said carefully and softly through the door. This weird and foreign version of Steve haunted Billy; he had never seen his class mate act this way.

The door slowly opened and Mike's head poked through. Relief cleared his facial features, until he noticed Billy hovering at Steve's side in some sort of braced stance, then he looked terrified all over again. Billy noticed the way Mike reacted to him and scoffed.

"W-what's he doing here?" he asked, a hint of sass in each word. Billy rolled his eyes, little punk.

"Let us in," Steve gently demanded and Mike complied, not without grumbling under his breath. "Are you two okay?" he asked, making his way to Eleven's side and kneeling beside her.

"Yeah we're okay, El tried her best to protect us but she hasn't used her powers for so long that she tuckered out real fast," said Mike solemnly, kneeling beside Steve.

El looked as if she were sleeping, serene and unharmed, and Mike must have cleaned the blood from under her nose. Mike confirmed that he himself had not been injured, just shaken, and Steve felt somewhat content that he had been able to protect them without dying.

Hopper would have killed him, otherwise!

Billy cleared his throat, then, catching both Mike's and Steve's attention. Steve's eyes grew wide with shock as he finally registered that Billy had seen everything.

No turning back now.

"So...yah gunna tell me what the hell is happening?" Billy asked, his obvious temper boiling over. His tanned skin was a shade pinker and he looked angry and fearful all at the same time.