Chapter Seven

Erik

After a long day at work, I was so excited to get home.

I had never looked forward to going home as much as I did since Clay moved in.

I was excited to relax and find out what he was making for dinner.

But I was also...just excited to see him.

I knew that I was feeling some things for him that were probably unwelcome. But I was convinced that if I just kept trying that he would eventually come around and see that he was worthy of affection.

I had gotten a few calls from my ex-girlfriend Miranda today, but I had ignored them all.

We had tried to work on our relationship for awhile, but she just hadn't been into the Domestic Discipline thing like I was.

I ultimately decided that I didn't want to deny a part of myself that was always there. I wanted to find someone that was into the same things I was.

I may have found that in Clay but I wasn't completely sure yet.

He hadn't known what Domestic Discipline was, but he was willing to try it. And I hadn't ever caused someone pain just because of the pure fact that it pleasured them, but I was willing to try it for Clay.

If he was willing to try something for me when we hadn't even known each other that long, then it only made sense for me to do the same thing for him.

I had gotten erection when I spanked him that first time. That had never happened with any of my previous partners, so maybe it wouldn't be as hard as I originally thought.

I pulled the police cruiser up to the curb in front of my house and locked it after getting out.

I stepped up the short staircase to the front door and my brows furrowed when I tried to unlock the door but found it already unlocked.

I didn't know if it was just from being a police officer or something else, but I was immediately more tense and more aware of everything after I found the door like that.

I walked into the house cautiously.

The first thing I noticed was a strong smell.

Was that bleach?

I closed the door behind me and saw a broken record on the living room floor. I got a closer look to see it was the Lady Gaga record that Clay was in love with.

"Clay?" I called into the quiet house, but there was no response.

I went into the laundry room next where it appeared the bleach smell was emanating from.

There was a basket of my clothes on the floor—whites and other light colors. A bottle of bleach was discarded near it.

The washer wasn't running, but the bleach smell was still very heavy in the room.

I walked over to the washer and opened it to find completely discolored clothes. The first thing I picked up was one of my uniform shirts—it was no longer the dark navy that it once was.

"Clay?!" I called again, feeling myself grow angrier.

Again, there was no answer.

I let my shirt fall back into the washer and exited the room, stalking down the hall to Clay's bedroom.

I was angry, but I had a thought in the back of mind...What if he wasn't here?

And that terrified me.

At first I knocked on his bedroom door to see if he would answer.

When he didn't, I opened it.