Chapter 7

When I arrive at the club that Oliver told me to come to, I climb out of the Uber and meet the bouncer standing outside the door. I wasn't the slightest bit nervous to see Oliver. We had been best friends since we met as children. for 19 years, we had always been in each others lives. Until he went off to Law school and lost touch for about 6 months. 

"I'm here with Oliver Jenson." I tell the large bouncer, this man was a little scary looking with his glaring eyes and arms bigger than my whole body.

He checks the list and opens the velvet rope leading into the building with a smile.

Upon entering the facility I am met with eyes of many guys and girls. Maybe it was the light blue, shiny tube dress that the lights were bouncing off of, and my bright red lipstick that I was wearing, or it was the fact I was after sex 'glowing', as people call it.

Looking around the large room full of people dancing, I spot Oliver in a booth with a few other people with him. I approach them.

"My goodness Casey! You look amazing." Oliver states. Studying me with his dark brown eyes, hardly able to see me with hair being long enough to cover them.

"Oliver you look great, being fresh out of law school." I giggle. He gets out of his seat and pulls my into a friendly hug. The stubble on his face tickling my cheek.

"I ordered you a drink, I hope you don't mind." He says mindfully.

"No that's great actually." I smile.

We take our seats next to his friends, who one of them catches my eye. He looks familiar, like I had seen him before. Then it hits me. He was there at the hot spring with Ryder and I.

"Your Ryder's girlfriend right?" He asks.
I nod, "Yeah. I am."

"I think he was looking for you."

"Well you can tell him you found me so he doesn't have to come looking." I say coldly.

Oliver looks at the two of us, "Wait, you have a NEW boyfriend?"

"Yeah." I snicker.

"I wanna meet him."

"Oh he's right there." Says Ryder's friend. He stands and waves to Ryder as he looks around the room.
I turn and look, locking eyes with Ryder.I see he's wearing his work suit, so he did go to work. But with him is some girl. She looks to be about 24, around Ryder's age. I become jealous and angry.

I turn back around and look at the table, "Shit." It's not like I can sneak out the back now.

"You okay Cas?" Oliver asks me in a hushed voice.

I nod. I really wasn't. I wasn't ready to face him just yet. Not after the fight we had only a few hours ago.

"Hey." I hear Ryder's voice as he approaches and sits next to me.

"Hey.." I say nervously but I don't look at him.

Threw out over half the night I spent it with my head down trying not to let my emotions get the best of me. While Ryder had his arm around me, talking to the others at the table. And paying no attention to me, who is sitting right next to him.

"So your the CEO of Blu.Ink?" asks Oliver.

 I finally got sick of it. I need out of here before I lose my shit in front of all these strangers.

"Ryder let me out please."

"Why?" His mood changes from socializing with everyone here, to being worried.
I look up at him while air stings my eyes, causing them to water.

"Please." I beg.

Without second thought he stands up looking saddened, but overall worried about me.