•11•

He was like one of those catchy songs that get stuck in your head. The songs that aren't stuck in your head because they're nice songs but because the beat of them is addictive. Because the lyrics won't let you forget them.

No matter who you're with or where you are, the lyrics of that song stick with you. The melody of that song plays on and on in your head.

He was that song that wouldn't leave me be even after it had ended. Even after I had promised myself never to listen to the song again.

He was my song.

So much time had passed since the last time we had seen each other. It was before his girlfriend and her family decided to make my life hell online. It was before he told me how much he loved her and how everything we had was a lie. How he had never loved me. It was before I was a fool and asked him to be my friend again. Because missing him had gotten to me.

I finally let him go when I unfriended him and we never spoke again. Obviously I had meant very little to him when I unfriended him and he said nothing. Probably didn't realize until months later.

The last time we saw each other was at a dance, he had come with his friends. He didn't speak to me anymore at that point. We had ended things when I told him I hated him for believing the lies his girlfriend made up about me. For believing that I would say a bunch of horrible things to her or to anyone.

I didn't actually hate him. I hated the fact that he could think of me in that way. That after all the time we'd spent talking he didn't know me at all. He didn't love me at all.

That night was the last dance of the month. I was leaving the next day. It wasn't that late and I had been dancing with his friend when him and another friend decided it was time to leave. I remember mid dance I had contemplated stopping him from leaving. I'd been seconds away from reaching out to him as he walked away from me. Almost as if I knew it'd be the last time I saw him. And my heart broke as I stared at his back, I didn't want that to be my last memory of him.

But his friend had grabbed my hand before I left mid dance to go after him that jolted me back to reality. The soft look in his eyes and the way he held my hand, it was almost as if he knew what i was thinking and wanted to protect me from more pain. Because the reality was that Abel would easily turn his back on me. That he could leave me behind and never look back. But I would never have hurt him in that way. That day was the last day I saw him but obviously it was not the last day we spoke.

And how I wish it had ended the day I said I hate you. Maybe then I wouldn't have come out looking so pathetic.

These thoughts roamed around in my head as I packed my clothes up. I had decided to go stay in the old house my parents had bought and never finished setting up. It had the necessities. By that I mean a bed. I'd have to shower at Michelle's house or someone else's since we never got to fixing that part of the house.

I'd stay at my grandpas house in a town further from here but as beautiful as the house was, it was literally at the corner of that town. Meaning if someone wanted to break in and rob the place the closest neighbor probably wouldn't reach me in time to help. Which is why no one usually stayed there. Bummer considering how beautiful the empty place was.

"Tsk tsk tsk, a donde va la princesita?" I held back a squeak of shock as I turned to face the owner of the voice.

(Where is the little princess going?)