•18•

I used to ask myself why someone would stay with someone who hurt them? Why they would continue loving them despite that person causing them harm physically or emotionally?

I learned that people tolerate different things when it comes to love.

Some are stronger, they know what they deserve. Some are weaker, they know what they want and if that person gives it to them? Then they'll choose the happiness even if it is little, over the pain. They disregard the fact that they deserve better.

I was one of the weak ones.

He didn't sleep in the bed with me, actually he didn't come to the home that night or the next three at all. It made me feel as insecure as I used to feel with him and with men in general.

And that pissed me off.

I worked hard on myself, I recovered from him and from every screwed up thing in my life. I was whole again and he's not going to come and chip away at everything I worked so hard to piece together. With this thought in mind I quickly changed into my shortest skirt and a long sleeved crop top.

Im going to a party tonight.

Abel let me roam, he hasn't seemed too worried about me escaping. And I'm not planning to, but I'm also not planning to stay here and wait for him like I'm his housewife. I will go and get drunk and enjoy myself and enjoy this trip as much as I can, because I deserve that.

"A donde vas?"

(Where are you going?)

I jumped at the sound of Johnathans voice, he was the scarier one of the bunch of men. Not that I feared he'd hurt me, he was just more arrogant and looked to have a short fuse. I'd happily step on Javi's toes but I'll do my best not to step on Johnathans.

"Out. Mind your business, Johnathan."

Yes, that's how you talk to a scary gangster.

He chuckled and dropped his cigarette to crush it under his foot, before meeting my gaze, "look, it's my ass on the line if I let you go out like that and don't tell Abel where you are. Since I can't physically touch you to restrain you."

"Your boss is a psycho, you realize that right? Who tells their men to not touch a female as if he has some claim on her. Like she's a toy or something. Are you scared of him?" I goaded, pushing his buttons purposely because I'm stupid like that.

But he only shook his head at me and approached, instead of stepping back like a sane person I kept still. I knew he couldn't hurt me even if he wanted to.

"Just tell me where you're gonna go. Maybe Abel is the most fucked up of all of us, but that doesn't mean the rest of us aren't fucked up as well. So in the end you're surrounded by psychos, trying to get through to our humanity isn't going to work."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. He was getting on my nerves and wasting my time, "I'm going to Felipes, the bar. I'll be back later, I'm taking one of Abels cars."

"Okay, behave," was his short reply as he turned and started leaving the room.

"Whatever, Johnathan. Go and get a girlfriend or something. Maybe then you'll have something else to do other than babysit," I yelled to him, hoping to annoy him.

Before I had to run into someone else, I quickly left the house and made it without any interruptions to the car.

"You're not making any stops on the way right?"

A scream left my mouth as the shock hit me. But I recognized the voice and knew I was in no danger. As I glared heavily at Javi who was seated next to a bored looking Gabriel. Im guessing Johnathan had filled them in.