To Be Told. Pippin×Reader

"Grab the biggest one!"

"Which one? They're all huge!"

"That one!"

You grabbed the firework Pippin had been pointing to. It was huge. A dragon twisted around it, it's mouth open.

You tossed it back to him, climbing out of the wagon. Merry ran over, a matchbox in hand, a grin on his face.

You helped them carry it to a tent nearby, so no one would see you light it.

"I'll stand guard," you said, slipping out. You listened to them bicker a little from outside, twisting your wooden bracelet around your wrist.

When hobbits proposed, they made a promise bracelet. usually it was cloth or, if they had lots of money, a metal one with a stone inlaid in it.

You, on the other hand, had one with wooden beads. They were all carved differently, some round, some square, some with carvings. They came together in a clasp that have a key hole carved in it. It may have been wooden, the lowest you could get with promise bracelets, but you treasured it like it was gold.

The tent suddenly exploded, flying high into the air. You fell to the ground, watching it travel higher and higher. It exploded, turning into a monstrous dragon that soared over your heads before exploding in a multicolored finale of fireworks.

You stood up, looking down at two figures whose hair was standing on end and front sides covered in soot. They looked up at you, and you fell to the ground laughing.

"Look...at...yourselves!" you managed to get out. They looked at each other, then began laughing as well.

"Let's light another one!" Merry exclaimed. As you got up, someone grabbed you and held you against the wagon. You looked up at the face of Gandalf the Grey.

"Meriadoc Brandybuck, Peregrin Took, and Y/N. I should have known you would try something like this."

"What do you mean? I was standing outside the tent, just marveling at the night sky while Pippin and Merry had a private conversation in the tent. How should I have known they were going to light a firework?" You had a talent for spinning tales and making them seem real. Gandalf actually believed you, setting a punishment for the other two.

You leaned against the table, watching the two hobbits wash dishes.

"Come on, it's not that bad," you said. Pippin held up his wrinkly hands, and you cringed. Wrinkly hands made everything feel weird.

"You couldn't just take the punishment?" Merry asked.

"Nope!" you replied cheerfully. You skipped off to get cake, balancing three plates as you walked back. "Break for cake!"

Merry and Pippin dug in, happy to stop their chore, even if for only a moment. You continued to twist your bracelet around and around. The wedding was in a week, and you felt butterflies every time you thought about it.

"Is that bothering you?" Pippin asked. You looked up and giggled, using your hand to wipe the frosting off his cheek. He kissed you, holding you close.

"Ugh! I'm standing right here!" Merry complained, holding his hand up over his eyes.

You broke away, winking.

The rest of the night was uneventful. You and Pippin took a walk, counting the stars. Everyone retired to their homes a little after 1am. It was a quiet night.

When the day of the wedding arrived, you donned your white dress, pinned a flower in your hair, and secured your bracelet.

"Oh! You look so beautiful!" Rosie said. She was your best friend, and honestly, it was a miracle you were getting married before her. She had so many admirers, but you were the only one who knew that she was holding out for Samwise Gamgee. If he would just get a move on, they might actually get married before they are old.

"Thank you. I just hope Pippin remembers the rings. Then everything will be smooth sailing."

You looked at each other before bursting out laughing. Nothing was ever smooth sailing when hobbits were involved.

"Y/N. It's time," Bell Gamgee said. You thanked Sam's mother for letting you use her house(it was much closer to the field than your own), took a deep breath, and walked out the door.

Every hobbit who had been invited stood when you passed. But you paid them no heed. For the only person who mattered, the only person you saw, was Pippin. And he was smiling as widely as you were.

Hobbit ceremonies are short and to the point. You exchanged rings, promised to love and cherish each other till death, and were pronounced husband and wife. He kissed you, and you could hear everyone cheering for you.

The festivities lasted well into the night. This time, there wasn't a disappearing Bilbo to cut it short, and everyone was getting home as the sun rose.

It was well after your honeymoon when you found yourself in Farmer Maggot's fields, dashing through the corn. You crashed through, running into someone. Merry tripped over you, and Pippin skidded to a stop before he could fall.

"Hello Frodo, Sam, do you mind holding these?" he asked, shoving the armful of corn into Sam's hands. He pulled you and Merry to your feet and off you went.

Frodo and Sam came crashing behind. Sam, unfortunately, lost the corn.

"I don't understand why Farmer Maggot is after us," Pippin said. "We only stole some corn."

"And the tomatoes from last week," Merry panted.

"There were onions in the tomato batch, too," you added.

"And potatoes."

"Don't forget carrots."

"Yes, well, the point is, he is clearly overreacting!" Pippin finished. Just in time too, because a moment later, all five of you tumbled over a drop-off.

The point of this story? There is so much more story to be told, and every part of it is told with Pippin at your side.