World. Boromir×Reader

You held your gut, falling to your knees. How could this happen? How could you live with yourself? How could you go on without him?

"Y/N," Faramir whispered. You took his hand, letting him pull you up. What could he be going through right now? He just lost his brother, someone he knew his whole life. You've just known him for three years.

"Lady Y/N, pack your bags and leave. I want you out of here by nightfall," Denethor practically spat. He had never liked you, and now Boromir wasn't there to stop him from throwing you out.

"Father, give her a day," Faramir tried to argue, his voice nearly breaking. Denethor was overcome with grief. Right now, he wasn't going to listen to anyone.

You left the hall, arms still wrapped around your gut. You had to get out. Get away.

You barely shut your bedroom door when the tears came, taking over every breath. You sobbed, keeping a hand to your mouth to try to silence the sound.

"My lady." Jenida somehow managed to get in, helping you to your bed. She had been your servant and trustworthy friend since you were fifteen. She held you, letting you cry.

There was a knock at the door, and Faramir came in. His eyes were full of tears as he knelt before you. He took your hands, head bent.

"I cannot change his mind. I can pay for your new home, but all I can give is a cottage. I'm sorry I can't do more."

You looked up, wiping away your tears. "You have done more than enough. You are my brother, and I'm sorry that you have lost yours."

"She can stay with me and my mother," Jenida piped up. "We have more than enough room, and I'd hate to be apart for her."

You nodded, accepting the offer. Faramir placed a gentle kiss to your head and left.

As you road away from your previous home, you placed a hand to your stomach.

"Your father will be with you, always," you whispered.

Two years later, you held your son tightly. A new king had been crowned, Aragorn, son of Arathorn. When he found out that you were Boromir's wife, he gave you back your home, where you could raise your son.

Faramir became like a father figure, and you were constantly reminded of Boromir in the way that your son stood. In the way his eyes flickered in the light.

You longed for his arms to be around you once more, but if it meant losing your son, your world, you would turn down the offer immediately.