Something Bigger. Eowyn×Reader

"My queen," you said, bowing. Queen Eowyn curtsied, smiling. You offered her your arm, and you went off to your quarters. The feast had ended, and you were both ready for bed.

The next day you walked around the halls, a seemingly normal day. But it was different in the smiles you received. The feast had been for you and Eowyn, announcing your engagement.

She had to take care of a kingdom, so you rarely saw each other during the day. Sometimes you were able to get lunch into her, and then pull her away from her work at night. But the two of you were happy, and everyone was happy for you both.

A year later you set off for Gondor. King Aragorn and Queen Arwen were celebrating the birth of their first child, a son. All the rulers, and friends, were going to the celebration.

The first night on the road meant a campfire and the stars. As the two of you watched a shooting star pass over the sky, you whispered memories of first meetings and tiny moments the other might have forgotten. That wasn't true, of course. Neither of you forgot any small moment.

The moment you met, you with an arrow in your stomach and her a newly crowned ruler.

The moment you figured out Eowyn's favorite flower, a daffodil.

The moment you gave her nothing but daffodils for a whole month, and it ended with the smell lingering for another month.

The moment she sent you an invitation for lunch, and she barely ate anything because she was laughing too hard from your little accident with a bowl of soup.

The moment you shared your first kiss.

The moment you had your first fight.

The moment you realized the fight was stupid and made up on the same day.

The moment the court kept staring at the two of you when you shared a dance at a feast, but they clapped when the song was done.

The moment Eomer basically threatened to kill you if you broke his sister's heart, but clapped you on the back and smiled like it hadn't happened.

The moment you celebrated Eowyn's birthday and you gave her a little necklace that was dull compared to the other jewels she had, but she wore it always.

The moment you announced your engagement.

Just those small things, but they meant something bigger.

This is short, I know, but I'm trying to make the "you" character gender neutral, and it's really, really hard.