Waves. Part 1

'What happened to you two again...' Azure crossed arms on chest, brows furrowed as she was staring at Scarlet and Midnight, with a mixture of disappointment and worry, seeing boys all beat up- probably as a result of their yet another fight.

'I won!' Scarlet made a triumphal gesture and seemed all happy, despite all the cuts and bruises on his face and arms.

'In your dreams.' Midnight growled, sending other boy a killing gaze. There was a large hole burned out in his cape, hair all messed up with a single leaf sticking out of it. He was pressing hand on right forearm, trying to stop bleeding from a rather deep cut on it.

Azure sighed loudly. 'I swear you are like two 5 year old boys. Can't you just stop fighting over everything, please...'

'As soon as Tsundere Princess will admit that I am better.' Scarlet smirked at other boy, who's hand sparkled with lightning chakra in response.

Azure jumped in between, separating them before the hassle would start again.

'Enough already!' she cried. 'Scarlet, you go to Crimson, he can patch you up too.'

'I can do this on my own, pffft. Not like this kiddo.' he laughed and walked away, waving at angry Midnight.

Girl took a deep breath and looked at boy standing next to her. 

'Sit down and let me see this, ok?'

Midnight hesitated for a moment, looking away from her.

'It's fine. I can take care of it on my own.'

'Oh, come on... you're bleeding... let me do it, it won't take long.' she locked eyes on his face, reading kind of irritation from it. 'It's my job after all. Beside that- and first of all- I care a lot for all of you, so let me just-'

'FINE!' he interrupted her, with sharp tone of voice, making her flinch.

'Sorry.' Midnight added after a moment, still not looking at her. 'It's ok, I just...'

'You're angry because of Scarlet, I know.' she sighed. 'You know how he is- he doesn't take it seriously, he just like to trigger you for fun and such. Although, it's not so all fine from his side... but just try to ignore him or something? Maybe he will get bored of it and stop then. he's not a bad guy, after all.'

Midnight rose eyes on her with hard to read expression. 'You like him, don't you.' he finally said, then realized that it wasn't just in his thoughts and turned face away, cussing in mind.

'Whaaaa... no! I mean... gosh!' Azure stared at him with eyes round like plates. 'What you mean I like? He's like a... uhm, brother to me. And yeah, he's cool and all... Beside, he's not really into girls so...' she covered mouth with hand. 'Ooops... I shouldn't say it, I think... Please don't tell him that I did...'

'Don't worry.' Midnight looked at her again, this time with lighted up face and little smirk in corner of his lips.

'Ok... ok! Gosh... show me that arm now.' Azure was hoping to change topic as she was fighting with urge to stab herself for spilling out info about Scarlet and being thankful that what she spoke out wasn't about who she liked... and that was the boy sitting next to her now.

With slight blush still on her cheeks , she carefully cleaned and bandaged deep cut on his arm. Midnight was silent whole time and fact that he was observing her every move, suddenly became an uncomfortable feeling.

'It should be ok now.' Azure smiled a bit, tucking hair behind her ear and avoiding eyes contact.

'Thank you.' Midnight looked at her for a moment, then got up. 'I will be going, see you.'