Part 2

The next day, Azure woke up very early- she was excited to go for a mission with her crush. And nervous too.  What if she will fail at something? What if she will only be a burden there, not really a help?

She stood in front of the mirror and pouted at reflection.  'No, girl. You gotta do your best!' she decided, mimicking gesture that Crimson was always doing to cheer them to fight.

Azure found Midnight waiting near the village's gates. Together with Scarlet.

'Hi guys!' she welcomed them with disoriented gaze placed on dark haired boy. 'Uhm... you're going with us, Scar?'

'Yep. I was jobless for today, so asked Captain if i can join some of teams send for the missions. Unfortunately got in one with Mr. Grumpy.' he patted arm of other boy, who shook his hand off immediately.

'Good morning, Azure.' Midnight greeted girl with a short gaze at her.

'Yeah, I'm also glad that you are here too, Azure-chan' chirped Scarlet. 'You will save me from the sad fate of few hours in cold silence of this guy, geezzzz,  hahahha!'

Girl looked at Midnight. He was already irritated and they didn't even left Konoha yet. "I have a bad feeling about this mission..." she thought, then sighed.

Midnight took out scroll with mission's details and pointed at simplified map drawn on it.

'Small lake, surrounded by mountains from one side and forest from other. Low number of residents- people living there are mostly botanists- taking care of rare and valuable herbs growing there.' he run finger lower on text and continued. 'Recently there's reports from them about attacks from unknown person- or persons- collected evidences and testimony suggests a ninja. In past two weeks number of incidents rose up and few of residents got very serious injuries.' he stopped for a moment and frowned. 'There are also reports about "unidentified force" and bear-shaped animal showing up always just after attacks.'

'Sounds like fun.' Scarlet stretched arms and yawned widely. 'So, we're not sure what we have to fight with? Awesome.'

'That's our job- to investigate. Find out who's responsible for this- report to village or take him down on our own.' said Midnight, hiding scroll.

Azure, who didn't want to interrupt him earlier, now finally spoke out. 

'I know that place a little. Those herbs are being used in medicine too, so I visited that place with my sensei few times. it's not far from here.'

'Ok, so you can tell us everything you know about that location while we run there. Maybe we can use some of information.'

Azure smiled at him, all happy that she might prove herself being useful. Boy responded with short smile, making her blush a little bit.

'Let's go now.' ordered Midnight and rushed forward, followed by two others.

Azure told them everything she could remember from her trips- also about kind of legend she heard there.

'People who lived here in past were believing that mountain is a home of demon and awaking him would bring death to them. So they avoided even building houses near it. 

"Story for misbehaving kids to keep them away from climbing it?' suggested Midnight.

'Yeah, most likely. You know how people like such stories.' Azure jumped over the bushes- they were slowly getting close to destination- reflections of sunlight, dancing on the surface of the lake, were already visible in between trees.

'That got me thinking...' started Scarlet.

'Really? Impressive from you.' Midnight smirked, interrupting him and Azure chuckled seeing face of Scarlet.