Part 3

Valley soaked in the dim light of the moon, was charmingly quiet, without even a lightest breeze to break it's calmness. All residents were preparing for the night rest, while young ninjas dealt with injuries and took time to analyze today's encounter.

Azure closed door to small bedroom where Scarlet was resting, still unconscious.

'How is he doing?' Midnight asked, looking up at her from the scroll on which he noted details of the fight. He had bandages on his forehead in a place of damaged protector.

'Well, he's sleeping whole time.' Azure sat down, next to the boy, rubbing neck which got all stiff and numb. 'I checked everything and he don't have any injuries. No fever or anything either. He's just very weak.'

Midnight looked down at his notes again. 'According to what those people told us, there was never a death case because of these attacks but few like this.' he frowned, rubbing chin and thinking. 'What if that thing can sense of how much chakra- life, he can steal from a victim... to not kill him.'

Azure also read through wall of notes he did so far. Then looked up at him and noticed he's rubbing eyes, with dark circles under them. 'Nighty... you need to rest too. That thing got you too after all. Beside...' she rested chin on hands on the table. 'Can we really do anything here? I think we should report to Konoha and let that to more experienced people.'

Midnight leaned back on chair, crossed arms and closed eyes, visibly annoyed that they can't just finish mission on their own. 'I don't really like it but yes, that's what we should do now.'

'Whatever we will do or discuss- let's do it in the morning, ok? You really need to rest and maybe some ideas will come to us after a good sleep and regaining energy.' Azure stretched arms saying that.

'Regaining energy...' Midnight repeated, staring back at his notes. 'I was thinking about that too- this "demon" doesn't kill, just steal energy to keep himself alive? Or revive? Is there someone controlling him and why then he won't attack more people at once...' boy got up and started walking around the table, making Azure sigh aloud. 'these people told me that this bigger form of it almost never attacked anyone like it did to us. So I was thinking, that amount or kind of chakra he stole this time was enough to make him more aggressive. And yet he backed off and disappeared after some time.' he stopped near the window and looked out at lake.

'Nighty... go to sleep.' Azure stood next to him. 'You actually might be right about all this but let's leave it for tomorrow. And also...' she leaned shoulder on the window's frame and gazed at dark lake. 'I wish that some jounins would take care of it, or people who generally have bigger knowledge about such things. You saw it... we couldn't do anything and... I know that Scarlet will be ok but if that thing was to kill him or any of us... just like that and the end...' she said with a bit shaking voice.   'You probably think that I'm a coward for saying this. We're ninjas after all.'

Midnight looked at her in silence for a moment. 'No. retreating when you know that you don't stand a chance is not cowardly but wise move. Go back, rethink, get help. Beside, you was very brave today.' he turned face to window again. 'And... sorry.'

'Sorry for what?' girl asked, surprised, staring at him.

'Well... for that kiss...'

Azure blinked at him few times. 'Why are you sorry for that?...' she blushed a little for a fresh memory of that first kiss. 'I mean, it was so sudden and all- and bit shocking in such moment. But no need to sorry for anything!' she smiled, feeling how her cheeks get warmer under the stare of the boy. 'And you look so cute with a blush, Nighty.' she giggled when he tried to cover face turning to window.

Azure came closer to him, stood on toes and put hand on his cheek, turning him back to her.         'I owe you something.' she said and kissed him softly, feeling warmness spreading in her body when his lips moved against her's, so gently and slow. Her heart fluttered in  chest when his arms embraced her carefully.