Chapter Six: Stepping In

Dipper stares at 8 Ball and Teeth, panting.

8 Ball looks at Teeth. "So, you wanna eat him, or, something?"

"Oh, definitely, let's eat him." Teeth replies.

Dipper screams and runs into the forest as they follow him.

I decided it was time to step in. I changed back to my demon form and floated after them.

I found Dipper cornered in between a big rock and the two other demons. I floated forward and 8 ball turned around.

"Another demon? Who are you?" He asked boldly. I teleported right in front of his face and growled.

"The last face you will ever see." I hissed at him, and snapped my fingers. He was suddenly engulfed in golden flames and started screaming as Teeth took off to somewhere else in the forest.

I knew I had to control myself, but seeing 8 ball on fire and burning to death awakened something inside me, I wanted MORE of it. Maybe I should kill Teeth too, or maybe... Dipper.

I mentally slapped myself. No! Dipper is your best friend!

I let him go. He would probably warn Bill, but he was bound to meet me eventually.

As 8 ball collapsed and stopped screaming, I looked up at Dipper. He was trembling and looked at me with wide, fear-filled eyes.

"Dipper, it's okay I won't hurt you. I prom-" I want able to finish because he started running away.

I snapped my fingers and teleported in front of him. He turned around and was about to run again, but I summoned chains made of golden flames.

The chains wrapped around his hands and feet, not hurting him, but strong enough he wouldn't escape again.

"W-what do y-you w-want with m-m-me?!" He yelled, shaking badly.

"Calm down. I'm trying to help you. Don't you remember me?" I asked softly.

I realized I looked nothing like what I looked like before, so I snapped my fingers and my appearance changed to my previous look, from when I still was human.

"J-Jade?" He asked, and I could see him relax a tiny bit. "Y-you're a d-demon?"

So my name was Jade, huh? I guess it was an okay name.

I suddenly got a headrush as a single sentence flooded my head, repeating over and over again.

That's who I was. Now my name is Midnight Skye, and I am a soul demon.

"I was a human, and I was Jade at one time... I'm still kinda new to this demon thing..." I said, rubbing my arm in an embarrassed manner.

"Wait, how can I trust you? You could just be a demon faking to be Jade." He looked at me suspiciously.

"Hmm, if I was an impostor, would I know that you sing disco girl in the shower, Mason?" I smirked.

Dipper's face turned very red and he looked at the ground. "Well, I guess you're really Jade."

I sighed and snapped my fingers, releasing Dipper. "Before you run away again, I just wanted to tell you I'm going to end this."

To my surprise, he walked up to me and engulfed me in a hug. "I'm glad you're here. I knew you were coming at the end of the summer, and was worried you would be captured, or worse..." Dipper sniffled and buried his face in my hoodie. "...Killed..." He finished, muffled by my hoodie.

"Um, Dipper? I gotta tell you something." I said calmly.

He looked up at me and loosened his grip around me a little. I pulled his arms away and sat down pulling him down too. Once we were both sitting comfortably, I got ready to tell him everything.

"The reason I'm like this... it's because I am-was... dead." I sat there, waiting for it to click in his head.

I saw his eyes widen. "You died? How? How are you here now if you died?"

I then told him everything that happened from my death to now.

~

Me and Dipper eventually went to a solitary hill and watched the red sky. He told me all about his summer, and what he knew about Bill.

"Hey Dipper? I gotta go. Now that you know why I'm here, you should know that you won't be able to see me again for a while." I muttered sadly.

"I know... I'll miss you." Dipper hugged me again.

"When you get Mabel back, tell her hi for me, would ya?" I asked, standing up. Dipper stood up next to me.

"I will. And Jade-" He started.

"Midnight." I corrected.

"Alright, Midnight..." He grabbed my hand.

"You really mean a lot to me... please don't get yourself killed... again." He squeezed my hand.

"I won't." I answered.

"Promise?" He asked.

"I promise."