You're Not Welcome Here

Finally, Bailey saw the Express Station in the distance. 3 months of fighting back and finally she had won. She was coming home to her Jimmy.

"Let's go, Tiger." She said, trotting her horse up to the outpost.

She immediately saw the riders gathered on the post. Some were missing, she noticed, Jimmy, Buck and Ike, but the others were gathered around a potato peeling bucket. They immediately stopped upon her arrival.

Bailey knew she looked rough. Her braid was falling out, her eyes dark from sleep lack, and bruises covering her arms and legs. Her fingers were bloody and her knuckles cut open. The cut on her lip was mostly healed, though it was still bruised.

Cody pulled out his gun. "Well, look what the cat dragged in."

"Cody." Emma warned.

"Emma! She shot Jimmy!"

"He is okay, isn't he?" She asked, suddenly doubting her aim. For all she knew she had hit the wrong pocket and missed the compass.

"No, he isn't. He hardly sleeps, barely eats. He can't get over you because you chose to leave. No warning. Nothing. You shot him!" Kid argued back, furiously taking a step towards her.

"You have no idea what you've done, do you? You're not welcome here."

Bailey took a shaky step backwards. "I... uh, I didn't mean to-"

"But you did! And he'll never get over it because you were all he ever wanted. He talked about you day and night for years. But when I look at you, I don't see the woman he described. I just see a coward, who couldn't stand and fight."

"You don't know anything." she spat back, "You have no idea."

That was when Emma decided to cut in, taking a step toward her. "You got some pretty dark bruises and deep cuts, do you want me to look at them?"

Bailey shook her head. "I'd just as soon you not, Ma'am. This was a mistake. I'm sorry to have bothered you all." She turned on her heel. She would only make things worse and she couldn't do that to him.

Just as she had turned to re-mount, the door swung open and the boots stomping on the wood we're all to familiar. She let loose a breath, but didn't turn. She put her foot in a stirrup, deciding it wasn't worth it, when his voice nearly made her knees tremble and her lips quiver.

"Bailey?" He questioned, making his way passed his family, though they tried to stop him. He shrugged off Kids hand from his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" She whispered to him, without turning her head

"Are you okay?" She whispered to him, without turning her head. Tears were racing down her face.

He waited a second before answering. "You want the truth or what you want to hear?" At this he saw her shoulders shake slightly, just like she did when she was at the start of sobbing.