chapter eight; saturday morning blues

The sound of birds chirping is what woke up to on a Saturday morning. I was blinded as my crusty eyes adjusted to the rays of sunshine that beamed through the blinds. Lying on my cozy bed felt quite calming and peaceful until it finally hit me like a train. I slept with Roger last night. Did I enjoy it? Well yes. Do I regret it? Maybe, yeah. It wasn't until a few seconds after until I heard some else's breathing and realized I wasn't the only person on my bed.

I quietly slipped out of bed trying not to wake up Roger as he slept so peacefully taking up most of the blankets. My feet froze as it made contact with the cold kitchen floor where I preceded to make myself some tea. I couldn't believe myself. How could I have been such a fool? I should've known. My attempt to keep my eyes open failed as tears spilled out as soon as I blinked. I silently whimpered but quickly wiped the tears away once I heard an extra pair of feet walking around in the house.

"Are you okay love?"

If I knew how to responde to that question, I would've. But I had a hard time sharing my feeling with someone I didn't know for that long.

"Is it something I did?"

Roger came a little closer, trying to grasp what I was feeling sad about.

"No, it's just that-"

More salty tears came gushing down my from my eyes. Making it hard to talk.

"It's just that- I'm so disappointed in myself for falling for you Roger. You seem like the type to have one night stand after one night stand, but leave when the sun is out. And I don't want to be another one of your one night stands. But don't get me wrong, that's just the impression I get from you."

Roger's P.O.V

Although I did usually have thick skin, her words felt like gunshots to my heart. I couldn't bear the thought of being her feel this way.

"I understand it's the rockstar lifestyle I've signed myself up for. But you're so special to me Aub. I knew from the day I met you. I really really like you."

A really long and painful silence followed after.

"You really think that?"

Aubrey said, trying to get rid of her tears.

"Yes Aubrey, please give me another chance."

"I can't believe this, it's not like you did something wrong. I don't want you to feel sorry for the way I thought about you, isn't not your fault."

I pulled her into my arms, not knowing what else I should do. Just because it felt right.

"Thank you Roger for not being another one of those-"

"Thank you Aubrey for being so kind."

Yikes this is so bad but I did what had to be done 😪 Anyways after this chapter is published I'm going to start a new one real quick. But anyways, WE'EE ALMOST AT 200 READS! Thank you thank you thank you! That means the world to me. I wouldn't be writing this series unless people were enjoying it, so thanks again!
Till next time❤️