chapter twenty-five; tomorrow never came

Aubrey's P.O.V

Silently sitting on the couch myself, I struggled to contain all of the tears flowing down my face. The realization had finally hit me like a bus, that people can fall out of love with me too. Which was something my ignorant arse didn't bother to realize this whole time. And all this at the worst timing possible, when I'm expecting a goddamn baby.

With all this stress piled on my shoulders, I just felt like crying all day long. And it made matters worse that I didn't even have a job anymore. Along with the rent that was due at the end of the month.

For the first time, all the hatred in me is gone. When Roger told me what he did, I couldn't bother to yell, scream, or shout at him. Because in the end, I knew he'd made a mistake. A terrible mistake. Any other guy, I would've kicked out of my life without thinking twice.

All this and I didn't even know how to tell Jane or my mom. But I couldn't stay mad at Roger forever, I knew I loved him but I couldn't tell if he felt the same way about me. He said he loved me like no tomorrow, I guess tomorrow never came.

I guess the realization of people falling out of love with me too was what hurt the most. I never really understood the pain before actually experiencing it for myself. And my heart hurt like a bitch. The shame of breaking my old lovers hearts hit me again.

Dear diary, 

Please forgive me for all the pain i've caused my ex-lovers as I do forgive Roger. After all, he is the love of my life. And I'd give the world to him if I could. I do believe in change and especially in cases like these. Along with the baby i'm expecting, I promise to love him or her for the rest of eternity. Thanks.

Aubrey

authors note

hi everyone! sorry for such a short chapter. but i still hope you guys enjoyed it. thanks for reading and check out my new book if you have the time. thank you <3