chapter fifteen; the goodbye kiss

Outside of the embarking gates in the airport is where I stood, saying my final goodbyes before Queen toured America. Not by myself though, as Mary was also there along with Deaky's girl Veronica. Wishing Freddie and the rest of the band a safe flight. The day that I had been dreading for god knows how long, had eventually arrived. I couldn't face not seeing Roger for nearly sixty days. The thought of it left my stomach in knots, I didn't know how I was going to actually put up with it. The flight that Queen was supposed to be on, was getting ready for departure.

"So I suppose this is it huh, the moment of our final goodbyes?"

"Not final. I'll be back sooner then you'll know Aubrey."

"Aw fuck, I'm gonna miss you so much."

I wasn't really one to cry, but I did feel a gush of incoming tears.

"I promise I'll call, okay?"

"Okay.."

On the corner of my eye I see Freddie, Deaky, Brian, and Jim Beach pick up their luggages. Preparing to get on the aircraft. I didn't have much time to mentally prepare myself to see them go.

"Well then, bon voyage my dear."

"Goodbye."

Roger picks his bags from the ground and meets the rest of them over to embark. Just as I thought I had lost him for good, he stops at his tracks and turns around for a short moment in time. Sprinting back to where I was and pulling me in to a passionate goodbye kiss. The last one we would share for weeks to come. The kiss was unreal, it felt like one straight out of a film. But it wasn't a film. It was just me and Roger. I could feel the drug I was on called love, rush through my entire body. Leaving me the happiest person in the world.

"I love you."

The gentle sound of those words echoed through my ears.

"I love you too, Rog."

And it was that moment where I realized, that I was completely in love with Roger Taylor.

Hope you enjoyed that as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thanks for almost 2k reads! Love y'all ❤️