chapter ten; 2am

January 26th

Ring... Ring... Ring

The comfiness I had found on my bed was quickly disturbed when I was awoken by the painfully annoying ring on the telephone. I couldn't think of anybody that would call at 2am on a Monday. Unless it was an emergency, you've got to be absolutely mad to do so.

"Bloody hell! It's two in the morning. Who even is this!?"

"It's Roger. You've been on my mind lately so I just wanted to hear your voice again."

"Well this is it, and you woke me up when I have class in about five hours. Happy?"

"Wait Aubrey, I'm sorry. I should've called so late. Aubrey?"

The ledge of the window is where I stood, while on the other line with Roger. My green eyes scanning the dark and empty skies while I attempted to locate any stars, which I couldn't since the ugly clouds filled the skies. Only the pale white moon peaking through the clouds.

"I guess there's no way of going back to bed now, is there anything else you wanted to tell me Rog?"

"I understand if you say no but, I was wondering if I could take you on a proper date. Like to a fancy restaurant of your choice. Please say yes.."

He whispered the last part.

"Why don't you ask me that when I'm fully awake and conscious. Alright?"

Even if I couldn't literally see Rogers face at the moment, I could still sense his express shift into a more enlightened mood.

"Alright. Goodnight love."

"That's good morning to you sir. But nonetheless, sleep well dear."

Hello my darlings. I'm so incredibly overwhelmed on how many views this book has. I honestly expected it to have an audience of like 50 viewers. But anyways, thank you for just simply reading it. I wouldn't be updating if guys weren't enjoying it so thanks again!
Till next time💘