Chapter Two: Glory

The bus is dirty. 

And it smells. 

And I'm sitting near a guy with messy brown hair who's chomping into his literal feast  he brought to the bus very loudly. He's very annoying. He even made a name tag for himself, reading "OCHRE" in big, messy letters.

I swear I do not remember him being on the list of people going here. Does this place take drop-ins? Did I need to spend all that time signing up?

Correction: Did Grandeur need to spend all that time yelling at me to find all of our Apple passwords and codes because she doesn't know how to work technology while she signed me up online?

Because let's make one thing painfully clear: we all know that when your parents sign you up for stuff, nine out of ten times it isn't your decision. It's theirs, and they can twist anything they want about it to fit their needs.

Now that we're done with my rant about the many annoyances of having parents, I can go back to my story.

(Yes, I know my mother birthed me. That means nothing in the world of teenagehood.)

Anyways. Ochre is chomping his food, a shrimpy annoying dude who also wasn't on the list is whining to his older brother, who I recognize as Riptide Sands. This one red-haired girl is glaring at everyone who looks at her. Sunny is pestering people about putting on their seat belts.

Jambu (who didn't sign up for camp either, but long story short, he wanted to come with me just to be annoying) is having a bottle-flipping competition with Deathbringer.

As a sister, it's my duty to go over there and laugh at him. It's taken him over twenty tries now to land the bottle. Deathbringer took only one turn and immediately landed it on the cap.

Even though I should be over there annoying Jambu, Deathbringer is also over there.

And I'm not stepping into that concept.

I look away as Deathbringer winks at me from the other side of the bus. He should stop doing that. It's creepy and is definitely not an attractive look on him.

I stick in my earbuds and blast loud BTS songs so that I don't have to hear Ochre smacking his food behind me, and lean my head against the window.

Two seconds later Jambu has kicked Ochre out and is now behind me, pulling at my hair and poking me.

I take one earbud out and sigh loudly, the music still playing from it. "Jambu. What do you want?"

"Nothing." He gives Deathbringer a thumbs up and he slithers over here, too. I try to put in my headphones again but Jambu grabs my arm. "Hey, antisocial potato. We're trying to talk to you here."

"Yeah, well, I could care less."

"Exactly. Which is why you have to listen to us."

I roll my big green eyes. "The world doesn't work like that, Jambu."

"Hey Glory."

"Deathbringer," I warn. "If you even make ONE pickup line, I swear to GOD I will hurt you."

Deathbringer only smirks and runs a hand through his hair, sitting next to Jambu casually like Ochre isn't giving him the stink eye for kicking him out of another seat.

"I'm not doing this," I mutter, trying to put in my earbuds again. 

A glaring girl catches my eye first. It isn't the redhead. This one has really, really, really  messy hair. It's frizzy and sticks out from under her dark blue hood. She has flaming blue eyes like the redhead, though. I wonder if they're twins or something. 

Is she glaring at me? Or the two annoying buttheads behind me?

I glance at Jambu and Deathbringer, then back at her. No. Even though she has good reason to be glaring at them, it's definitely directed at me. I wonder what that's about.

Do I know her? Maybe I do. Oh! I do sort of recognize her. She's Icicle's friend's aunt. I think. Maybe cousin. Or maybe they're sisters. Yeah, they're probably sisters.

"Whatcha looking at?" Deathbringer asks, and I give him the stink eye.

"Not another guy, no need to worry," I snap, trying to anger him. He only flashes me another smirk.

"Glad you think we're close enough for me to worry about other guys."

Okay, I did not say that. I tried to state something simple, and then it got weird. He always finds a way to twist my words into something to fit his needs. 

Man, if he ever has kids, they're gonna hate him.

But he probably wouldn't try to flirt with his kids.

Or maybe he would. He's a total weirdo. I can't even begin to judge his motives.