Chapter Three: Sunny

"Tsu-Tsu," I hiss at the back of her seat. I can just picture Tsunami's face as she sighs and spins around in her seat to look at me with raised eyebrows, like what do you want now?

"Seat belt on," I remind her sweetly.

"Can't."

"Why? You can't just go everywhere without a seat belt."

"It was a dare."

I sigh. "From who?"

Tsunami pulls her hood over her forehead before answering, "Onyx." I sigh again, picturing Tsunami's exchange with the shorter black-haired girl, her black eyes carrying a smirk. 

"I don't care. Safety first," I tell her stubbornly, poking her head. She shakes her head firmly. "I've never backed down from a dare before. I'm not about to start."

She then turns around again and fixes her burning blue eyes on a girl.

I poke her again, confused. "Why are you glaring at Glory?"

Tsunami's frown deepens as she turns back to look at me again. "Are you guys friends or something?"

"Well, kind of. I'm not, like, one of her minions that follows her around, you know? Like Carnelian and Icicle and Onyx what's her name. That glaring one."

"Peril's not  one of her minions," Tsunami corrected. 

"Oh. Are they enemies?"

"Peril doesn't have enemies. She just hates everyone." 

I blow some platinum blonde hair out of my eyes. "Oh. Makes sense."

"Yeah." Tsunami turns back around again.

I poke her. 

"What?"

"Are you mad at me or something? I just want to talk to you." I make a sad face. Tsunami sighs. "Why? When you can talk to Glory." 

"What is your problem with her? Hey, can I braid your hair?" I take a bright yellow hair tie off my wrist excitedly.

"My PROBLEM. MY PROBLEM." Tsunami flicks my hand away from her hair, and I wince as people turn to look at us. "Keep it down, Tsu-Tsu." 

"Why?" Tsunami sticks her tongue out at me. "Are you saying I have a loud voice?"

"Your voice carries, is all," I say sincerely. "It's not a bad thing. Now can I braid your hair? You'll look so cute."

"No," Tsunami says, pulling it out of my reach. "No one touches my precious golden locks."

I snort. "You haven't brushed your hair in forever.

"I know. It was a joke." Tsunami looks back over at Glory and narrows her eyes with disgust. "Look at her. Stupid perfect makeup and hair. She's already got two guys hitting on her."

"One of them's her brother."

"Whatever. They're still people. So they must be hitting on her."

I shake my head. "I really don't think that's how the world works, Tsunami."